- Student Pix Feted at NYU Film Fest. McBride, Murdoch // Back Stage;05/07/99, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p56
Announces the recipients of New York University's 1999 Tisch School of the Arts Wasserman Awards for filmmaking. Value of cash awards given; Panel of judges.
- All quiet on the screener front. Gray, Timothy M. // Variety;11/10/2008, Vol. 412 Issue 13, p3
This article discusses the release of screening copies of motion pictures eligible for awards such as Golden Globes or Academy Awards. The potential marketing advantages of sending a screening copy before thanksgiving are noted. The reorganization of motion picture production and distribution...
- Miyagishima lauded at Sci-Tech Oscars. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;2/14/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 34, p13
Reports on the recognition of design engineer Takuo Miyagishima at the Scientific & Technical Awards in Pasadena, California. Presentation of the Gordon E. Sawyer Award to Miyagishima; Contribution for the improvement of camera technology; Emotional element in the acceptance speech of Miyagishima.
- Target coin fuels kudos for Los Angeles fest. Dunkley, Cathy // Daily Variety;2/6/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 49, p19
Features the Target Filmmaker Award for the 2002 Los Angeles Film Festival in Hollywood, California. Prize of the competition; Guidelines for the award competition; Deadline for entries.
- Tak Miyagishima. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;8/8/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 21, p14
An obituary for lens designer Takuo Miyagishima is presented
- REEL WORKS TO THE RESCUE. Pahle, Rebecca // MovieMaker;Winter2010, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p25
The article reports on Aleksandra Gezentsvey who won honorary mention at the Student Grammy for her movie "Between Yesterday and Tomorrow."
- Prod'n awards slated. Mundell, Ian // Daily Variety;6/30/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 62, p6
The article reports on the announcement made by the Council of Europe's Eurimages Fund concerning the three film co-production development awards, worth 36,500 U.S. dollars each.
- 'TUNNEL' VISION PAYS. Harris, Dana // Daily Variety;2/5/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 48, p15
Reports the selection of Brian Benson, producer of the film 'Haiku Tunnel,' as recipient of the 2002 Mark Silverman Fellowship in Los Angeles, California. Prize; Assessment on the commitment of Benson to the film industry; Reason behind the establishment of the fellowship.
- WHO'S GOT THE GOLDEN TICKET? Higgins, Bill // Variety;1/23/2006, Vol. 401 Issue 10, p46
This article reports on parties for the pre-Golden Globe awards in Hollywood in Los Angeles, California in January 2006. A party at the Regent BevWilshire penthouse was co-hosted by GQ and the American Cinematheque. The BAFTA/LA's annual pre-Globes tea party was also held. Photographs of...