The art of the PR schmooze, translated for the blogosphere
- Want to get our attention? Phelps, Janet M. // Business NH Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Offers advice to companies on how to make an effective press release. Getting straight to the point; Giving specific information such as telephone numbers and addresses.
- VOICES. // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p36
No abstract available.
- Write a better pitch letter. S.G.; Gangemi, Robina A. // Inc.;Sep95, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p98
Offers advice to companies about how to put together an effective pitch letter to get press coverage. Focusing your effort by having an employee or outside colleague to interview you about your company's story; Checking media guides to identify relevant publications; The importance of knowing...
- most commented. // PRWeek (London);3/5/2010, p14
A list of the blogs posted at prweek.com/uk that generated the most comments as of February 26, 2010 which includes the request for assistance from National Bullying Helpline founder Christine Pratt, the expulsion of lobbyists from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and the impact of...
- DOs and DON'Ts of Blogging. Schwartzman, Eric // Public Relations Quarterly;Fall2005, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p33
The article details the factors that should be considered in blogging. In blogging, one should monitor what others are saying because a blog is part of a larger conversation and nobody would want to talk to someone who would not listen. If a blog is to be used as a marketing tool, the blog...
- Writing: You never master the craft. O'Quinn, Ken // Communication World;Oct/Nov98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p32
Provides suggestions on how professional communicators can make stories and news releases more attractive. Strong leads; Visual details; Concise and substantive quotes; Sentence structure according to purpose; Strong endings; Sufficient research; Improvement of vocabulary; Continuous learning.
- HOW TO BUILD A MEDIA PROFILE. Garrett, Alexander // Management Today;Jun2001, p94
Offers tips for business owners on how to write press releases. Tips on establishing relationship with journalists; Setting the company's publicity objectives; Identification of the target for publicity.
- GM drama: We almost lost Rick. LaReau, Jamie // Automotive News;4/10/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6197, p1
No abstract available.
- BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE... // AutoWeek;10/11/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 41, p64
The article presents highlights of certain persons' views, press release, events, on automobile racing tournaments. General Motors Corp.'s product czar Bob Lutz comments on the "woodgrain" found in the new Buick LaCrosse game. He says that it's wood from plastic trees, but they are highgrade...