Hyperion Turning To Fiction, More Licensing Properties In 2005
- Record Book Output for 1988: Prices Stable (for now). Selsky, D. // Library Journal;7/1/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p30
This article presents performance of the library market in the U.S. in 1988. The number of new book titles produced in the U.S. in 1988 surpassed the record level set in 1987. An estimated 58,600 titles were produced in 1988, up 4.6% from 1987. About 86% of that number (or 55,000) are brand new...
- Industry Sales Flat in '06. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of the publishing industry in the U.S. in 2006. According to the preliminary estimates of the Association of American Publishers, total industry sales declined by 0.3 percent. While, trade sales increased by 2.9 percent despite small declines in...
- 2004 Hardcover/Paperback Advice & Misc. Bestsellers by Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p8
Presents a continuation to a chart depicting the list of 2004 hardcover and paperback bestseller by publisher in the U.S. as of September 26, 2004. Hyperion company; John Wiley & Sons Inc.; Inner Ocean Publishing Inc.
- Amid Reports, A Miramax Departure. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the hiring of Miramax Books senior acquisitions editor Susan Mercandetti by Random House. Implications of the hiring of Mercandetti for both publishing houses; Agreement between Miramax founders Bob and Harvey Weinstein and Disney; Views on the departure of Mercandetti at Miramax.
- Film Stars and Books Fit Like a Glove. Andriani, Lynn; Scharf, Michael // Publishers Weekly;6/13/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p10
Reveals the plan of Hyperion to publish a movie edition of the book "Shopgirl," by Steve Martin. Promotion of the book by Martin at bookstores; Highlights of a screening of the book in New York for booksellers and media; Status of the book's sales, according to Hyperion president Bob Miller.
- Net College Sales Jump 23.5%, Pushing YTD Sales To $438 Million. // Educational Marketer;8/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on the increase in the net sales of college publishers in June 2004, according to the Association of American Publishers. Projection of a net sales growth of the industry for the year.
- Korea: The Right Place for Rights Trade? Sonne-Nijhoff, Joost // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2005, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p61
This article discusses the decline of the Korean book market. The slowing growth of the Korean book market has to be seen in the light of the excellent years in 1990s. The total number of copies of new book titles in 2003 decreased by 5.1 percent and the number of new titles by 2.2 percent,...
- PRICE BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;8/1/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 30, p9
Presents the prices of several books published from 1995 to 2005.
- College Textbook Affordability Initiatives Proliferate as Textbook Sales Grow. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the implications of the enactment of textbook affordability laws in the U.S. It cites that Arizona is an example with bill signed into law that requires publishers to offer instructors information on textbook pricing and content revisions. However, there is a growing...