John Wiley Hunting Pirates On eBay; Sues 10 Online Resellers
- Wiley Recipe for Cookbook Success Features a Dash of Modern Life and a Spoonful of Nostalgia. // Book Publishing Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the marketing promotions of John Wiley & Sons Inc. for the Betty Crocker cookbooks in the U.S. Design of the cookbooks; Classic Betty Crocker cookbooks re-released by the company; Availability of the cookbooks.
- Pearson And Wiley Try To Halt Illegal Internet Sales Of Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;4/11/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p4
Reports that Pearson Education Inc. and John Wiley and Sons Inc. had settled a second potential court case against the operators of Internet sites accused of selling international editions of textbooks in the U.S. Lawsuits filed by John Wiley and Sons against individuals engaged in the illegal...
- Wiley Loses Copyright Infringement Case. // Educational Marketer;3/25/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p1
The article discusses the Kirtsaeng v. John Wiley & Sons Inc. copyright infringemnet case. The U.S. Supreme Court's decision released in March 19, 2013 was in favor with Kirtsaeng and discarded Wiley of Hoboken, New Jersey's allegation that Kirtsaeng, a college student had violated the U.S...
- COPYRIGHT CORNER: COPYRIGHT AND COLLECTION CONTROL. ENSIGN, DAVID // Kentucky Libraries;Spring2013, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses the decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Kirtsaeng vs. John Wiley & Sons. The issue is whether the First Sale Doctrine applies to copyrighted works that are thought to be restricted to foreign markets. Agreeing to Kirtsaeng's claim that he was free to transfer...
- Processing Grievances When Bargaining Units Are Combined. Feldacker, Bruce S. // Labor Law Journal;Nov67, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p649
The author, a Captain in Army JAGC, assigned to the Office of the Judge Advocate General, Department of the Army, Washington, D. C., discusses the rights of rival unions involved in a merger or reorganization to process grievances for their respective members in a combined bargaining unit.
- Wiley Embraces Consumer Computer Books While Other Publishers Avoid Them. // Book Publishing Report;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p2
Reports that book publisher John Wiley and Sons Inc. is planning to expand its title lists by embracing consumer computer books in the U.S. Strength of the market for computer books; Estimated consumer computer book sales from 2000-2003; Market share in the technology segment.
- Wiley in deal with `Entrepreneur'. // Publishers Weekly;6/6/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 23, p18
Announces the publishing partnership between John Wiley and Entrepreneur Magazine Group to launch two book series aimed at people involved in small businesses. Possible CD-ROM versions; Publication plans for the two series; Marketing of the series.
- Wiley Strikes Deals with CNBC, U.K. Web Co. // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p16
Reports that John Wiley & Sons has signed an agreement with CNBC to collaborate on a series of financial and business books to be marketed under the CNBC brand. List of titles to be marketed by CNBC; Other business deals of the company.
- Research & Markets: Mathematics of Bioinformatics: Theory, Methods and Applications. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/21/2011, p47
The article focuses on the announcement of Research and Market Ltd. concerning the addition to their offering of the book "Mathematics of Bioinformatics: Theory, Methods and Applications," by John Wiley and Sons Ltd. which provides comprehensive format for data integration based from...