- Gehry's leaky panes. Stoilas, Helen // Art Newspaper;Apr2009, Vol. 18 Issue 201, p13
The article reveals that the new Art Gallery of Ontario, designed by architect Frank Gehry in Toronto, has been facing weather-related problems as a result of defective plates in its wing of curving glass walls. There has been dripping in same areas such as around the grand spiral staircase due...
- CLOSING the GAP on HYDRAULIC LEAKS. Medvick, Dick; Zalud, Todd // Machine Design;06/15/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p74
Proposes several solutions for hydraulic leaks. Elastometric O-ring seals; Two-ferrule tube fittings; Metal-to-metal seals; Shortcomings of O-ring seals.
- Leaky Andy. Sindlerova, Nada // Transitions Online;3/1/2010, p1
The article focuses on the maintenance problems faced by the Andy Warhol Museum of Modern Art in Medzilaborce, Slovakia. At the end of 2009, owners of several works of art at the museum removed them due to local government's lack of care. Miroslav Mihal, a longtime patron of the arts, says that...
- 527CMR4.00. LANTHIER, GEORGE // Fuel Oil News;Apr2014, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p26
The article offers information on the National oil burner codes (527CMR4.00). It discusses various sections of the code including safety timings of no more than 15 seconds is required for all primary safety controls, installation of readily accessible valves in the oil supply line, and...
- New Chevy Cruze Diesel to Attract Buyers Seeking Performance, GM Says. Amend, James M. // Ward's Auto World Exclusive Insight;8/16/2011, p1
The article reports on the business case made by General Motors (GM) for an oil-burner in the Chevrolet Cruze in the U.S., wherein a sizeable segment of car buyers want more than just fuel economy from a diesel engine. According to GM, the diesel engine planned for the Cruze is the 2.0L on sale...
- The LEAK in review. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Nov2004, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p30
Discusses key issues relevant to the total elimination of leakage in hydraulic systems. Reasons why leakage elimination continues to be elusive despite advances in other sectors of hydraulic technology; Ways to prevent leakage from components; Reduction of the potential for leakage. INSET:...
- Progress in leakage reduction. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Nov2004, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p34
Discuses key advances in the reduction of leakages in hydraulic systems. Looking to the aerospace industry to gauge the progress made in approaching the goal of zero-leak hydraulics; Advances in sealing and fitting technology; Implications on hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Quick Fix. Hudson, Tom // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;May2005, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p61
Presents an article on investigating a water leakage at a communication hub in a residential neighborhood in Portland, Oregon. Background on the building; Problems with the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system and the restroom in the building; Equipment used in fixing the problems,...
- Where are the oil furnaces? Take a look at rural units. Wheeler, Jim // Contractor Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the use of oil furnaces in rural areas in the United States. Unpopularity of heat pumps; Rising price of liquid propane gas; Problems with oil burners.