Air-Intake Filters Help Hospital Keep Airborne Debris From Cooling Towers
- New Filtration Technology Keeps Cooling Tower Water Clean. // Process Cooling & Equipment;Jan2007, p23
The article reports on filtration technology for cooling towers in the U.S. It states that every cooling tower has its unique dirt conditions, space constraints and other special characteristics. Filtration systems must take it into account to maintain a particle-free water in the cooling tower....
- Health care facility adopts plastic cooling towers. // Snips;Nov2007, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p29
This article focuses on the effort of the Dosher Memorial Hospital in Southport, North Carolina to replace its galvanized metal cooling towers with plastic cooling towers from Delta Cooling Towers Inc. The towers are essential to the operation of the facility's HVAC system. The plastic towers...
- Centrifugal Separator Provides Cure for Hospital's Dirty Cooling Towers. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p53
The article focuses on the installation of a TowerClean centrifugal-separator system in the cooling towers of Deaconess Hospital in Oklahoma. Maintenance issues caused by the excessive debris in the hospital are enumerated. Information on how clean water is reintroduced to the cold-water basin...
- Product literature: Division 15. // Architectural Record;Dec1982, Vol. 170 Issue 14, p175
The article provides a list of literature from 1982 of various mechanical features, which includes a brochure on the refrigerated warehouse system from Climate Control, in Red Bud, Illinois, a brochure on the Permatower II wood cooling tower from the Marley Cooling Tower Co. in Mission, Kansas,...
- Air Intake Filtration Keeps Debris Out of Cooling Towers, Condenser Coils, Rooftop Units and Louvers. // Process Cooling & Equipment;Jan2005, p44
Features the air intake filtration system by Air Solution Co. which keeps debris out of cooling towers, condenser coils, rooftop units, and louvers. Features of air filters; Design construction of air intake filters; Benefits of using air filters.
- Gem Air Dryers & Filters. // Indian Textile Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 121 Issue 7, p77
The article features several innovative products for textile air engineering from Gem Equipments Ltd. including the Dry Cooling Tower, the HLD Series of Desiccant Air Dryer, and the Sleek Series of Refrigeration Air Dryer.
- A Healthy Outlook for Integrated Power. Cordova, C.J. // American Gas;Mar2001, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the growing number of hospitals in the United States that are using integrated natural gas-electric cooling systems to save on energy costs. Advantages of using integrated power systems; Savings realized by Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's Children's Hospital with the installation of...
- Symphony taps district cooling loop, avoids $450K equipment expense. Randazzo, Mike // Energy User News;Sep96, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the decision of the Youngstown Symphony Society in Ohio to tap into the local district cooling loop to save on capital equipment expenses. Factors considered by the society in choosing Youngstown Thermal as service provider; Upgrading of the society's internal chilled water...
- Check the cooling tower: Will it handle the new chiller? Ask, Andrew C. // Engineered Systems;Jan1995, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p70
Part I. Discusses cooling towers used in chilled-water systems. Repairing or rebuilding of key components; How to decide on whether to condemn a cooling tower or not; Surveying for a new tower; Selecting, specifying a new tower; Field testing the new tower.