CODES & STANDARDS
- Heat pumps are a theme at London HEVAR. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Sep2010, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p13
The article offers information on a free seminar session to be chaired by the Heat Pump Association at the Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HEVAR) technology theatre in London, England on September 22, 2010.
- An Efficient Capture. Forry, Nevin L. // Process Cooling & Equipment;Jan2011, p14
The article discusses how ammonia heat pumps can provide efficient means on industrial refrigerators to recapture wasted energy and provides sustainable operation. It considers ammonia heat pump as another mechanical compression stage compared to conventional ammonia refrigeration system due to...
- Current problems of creating equipment operating under pressure and potential of Irkutskniikhimmash. Kuznetsov, A. // Chemical & Petroleum Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 47 Issue 9/10, p645
The current problems of designing equipment operating under pressure for chemical, petrochemical, oil refining, and other branches of the industry and possible ways to solve them are discussed. The potential of IrkutskNIIkhimmash in developing designs of new equipment operating under pressures...
- AAAHC announces major new standards in '09. // Same-Day Surgery;Feb2009 Supplement, p4
The article discusses highlights of the 2009 standards of the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
- MAP creates UICS module. // Tire Business;4/23/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p0008
The article reports that a new training module for members to help them implement and maintain the Uniform Inspection & Communications Standards (UTCS) has been crated by the Motorist Assurance Program (MAP) of the Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association (AMRA).
- New homes for OSCAR standards. // MultiLingual;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p9
The article announces that the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) is the new home of the Open Standards for Container/Content Allowing Re-use (OSCAR) of the organization the Localization Industry Standards Association (LISA).
- Debating 12 vs. 13 SEER. Mazurkiewicz, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/8/2001, Vol. 214 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the proposed 12-SEER standard for air conditioners and heat pumps in the United States. Delay of the proceedings; Challenges faced by the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute and Department of Energy; Formation of the coalition; Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Government tackles heat pump problems. Coyne, Brendan // Utility Week;9/9/2011, p7
The article reports on the tightening of heat pump standards in the British electric utilities sector following the launch of the revised Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) in September 2011.
- Editor's Note. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Winter89, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
This section introduces a series of articles on the performance of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), its successes and failures, and the degree to which the conceptual framework fulfilled the expectations of the FASB and its constituencies.