Follow-Ons Plunge In Pharma, Biotech
- How can we explain the American dominance in biomedical research and development? Boehm, Thomas // Journal of Medical Marketing;Apr2005, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p158
This article presents a comparison of the U.S. and the European research work in biotechnology and pharmaceutical market. The conversion rate of private biotechnology companies into public entities through an initial public offering is significantly higher in the U.S. than in Europe. It is also...
- Creativity, collaboration on minds of biopharmas in 2013 dealmaking. Powers, Marie // BioWorld Insight;1/27/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p1
The article offers an analysis of the growth in the pharmaceutical industry of the U.S. in 2013. Topics discussed include mergers and acquisitions in the industry, emergence of biotechnology companies and growth in initial public offerings and licensing agreements. According to an analysis of...
- IPOS IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/25/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 41, p20
Presents charts depicting companies having initial public offering transactions in the U.S. as of October 25, 2004.
- 1998 a difficult year for financing in biotechnology industry. PAPANIKOLAW, JIM // Chemical Market Reporter;01/11/99, Vol. 255 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the financing condition of the biotechnology industry in 1998. Initial public offerings completed by the industry; Capital markets for biotechnology companies; Improvement in the equity markets for biotechnology.
- Biotechs Lead Field With Best-Performing IPOs Of 2014. BRIAN DEAGON // Investors Business Daily;12/24/2014, p00
As 2014 nears a close, the biotech industry holds four of the top five spots among the best-performing IPOs of the year, led by
- S.D. Biotechs to Change Strategies in '06. Weeks, Katie // San Diego Business Journal;1/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p17
The article looks at the trends in the biotechnology industry in San Diego, California. Investment analysts claim that biotechnology companies will go public and outsource more science in 2006. Also, the practice of purchasing rights to other companies' technologies will continue among specialty...
- Is The Rush To Financial Payoffs Thwarting Industry Research? Robbins-Roth, Cynthia // BioWorld Today;6/4/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 107, p1
This article claims that many venture investors in the U.S. have financed specialty pharmaceutical companies that have no plans to do product research. Information on the venture investment raised by the U.S. biotechnology company in 2006 is presented. While the private investors searched for...
- Biotech IPOs Get Off to a Slow Start in 2005. van Amum, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;3/14/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 11, p22
This article reports that while the U.S. biotechnology industry saw the window for initial public offerings open wide in 2004, it seems to have been only ajar for the first few months of 2005. The Nasdaq Biotechnology Index, which Includes biotech companies with market capitalizations of at...
- Negotiated Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p12
Presents statistical information of negotiated note offerings. Legend for chart; Estimation of note offerings for Pennsylvania capital markets.