Law Firms Are Loving the Scandals
- Arnold & Porter adds Thelen duo to expanding NY office. O'Connor, Joanne // Lawyer;4/18/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that Arnold & Porter LLP has continued its attack on the New York market with the hire of two Thelen Reid & Priest LLP partners. Securities litigation specialists Richard Swanson and Veronica Rendon joined Arnold & Porter early in April 2005. Swanson was co-chair of his...
- Thelen Reid welcomes nine Arent Fox partners. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p7
Focuses on the move of the law firm Thelen Reid & Priest to hire nine partners from Arent Fox Kintner Plotkin & Kahn for its Washington D.C. office. Background of the lawyers; Reason for the hiring.
- Dewey bags Thelen Reid trio . . . Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the departure of three Thelen Reid & Priest LLP partners to join Dewey Ballantine LLP's law firm in New York City. Areas of specialization of the departing executives; Impact of the departures on Thelen's practice.
- California cool. Mosher, Diana // Contract;May2004, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p154
There's a fine line between "old school" and "stodgy," but it's a line that San Francisco based Thelen Reid & Priest knew it didn't want to cross. When the venerable law firm turned to DMJM Rottet to revitalize its corporate image in Los Angeles, the design directive was for a fresher and more...
- LeBoeuf snares five Thelen partners. Rothfield, Deborah // Lawyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p7
Reports that Thelen Reid and Priest lost five partners to LeBoeuf Lamb Greene and MacRae which coincided with the appointment of Stephen O'Neal as managing partner. Former New York managing partner Jonathan Siegfried and fellow litigator Lawrence Hirsh; Corporate partner Glynna Cristian; Former...
- World's largest construction law practice created. // Contract Journal;5/29/2003, Vol. 418 Issue 6428, p6
Reports on the joint venture formed by law firms Masons and Thelen Reid & Priestto to create a construction, engineering and infrastructure practice. Significance of the joint venture to clients; Experience of the law firms in international projects.
- Thelen Reid set for New York merger. Binham, Caroline // Lawyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p12
The article reports that U.S. law firms Thelen Reid & Priest and Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner will merge, creating a 250-partner, 617-lawyer national firm with an estimated $400 million annual turnover. The firm will be called Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner, which will be...
- Arnold & Porter gets right chemistry with four hires. Malkin, Brendan // Lawyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p7
Reports that Washington, D.C. law firm Arnold & Porter has expanded it patent litigation practice by hiring four partners from intellectual property specialist, Pennie & Edmonds. Profile on the partners; Size of Arnold & Porter's intellectual property and technology group.
- Competency assessment retains talent. // Lawyer;6/11/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p35
The article offers insights on the initiative of London, England-based law firm Arnold & Porter to increase the competency of its associates. In helping its associate grow and develop their skills as affective practitioners, the firm developed a skills-based associate development framework that...