Did PE Dilemma Help CSFB Nab Deal?
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/7/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p18
Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.'s Private Equity sold private jet transportation provider Sentient to TH Lee Putnam Ventures, the $1.1 billion technology joint venture between private equity group Thomas H. Lee Co. and mutual fund giant Putnam Investments, for around $50 million. Boston-based...
- CSFB BIG WINNER. Bennett, Robert A. // U.S. Banker;Mar2001, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p44
Reports that Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. was ranked the top third-party investment advisor in the United States in 2000. Overview on the performance of various industry players during the given time period; Expectations of financial advisors that the trend of consolidation and mergers of...
- Firms Continue Web Brokerage Revamp. Bach, Deborah // American Banker;11/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 216, p20
Reports the business plan of Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. to unload its online CSFBdirect brokerage unit in the United States. Aim to take advantage on the higher valuations in the Internet economy; Confrontation of substantial losses; Plan to focus on institutional investors.
- ING Barings poaches CSFB pro. MG // Asset Securitization Report;1/7/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
Reports the alignment of Credit Suisse First Boston to ING Barings in the U.S. Selection of Andrew Yuder, head of IN group; Plans for league table business; Background of ING group and its future insights.
- CSFB Amends LBO Facility. Sibayan, Karen // Bank Loan Report;01/29/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p3
Reports that Credit Suisse First Boston, BNP Paribas and FleetBoston are changing the credit facility for the leveraged buyout of Collins & Aikman Floor Coverings by Oaktree Capital Management and Bank of American Investment Partners. Price structure.
- Research shows the importance of fund analysis . // Money Marketing;6/13/2002, p14
Reports on the encouragement of Credit Suisse for independent finance advisers to be aware of the importance of picking investments. Reason for the company's effort; Number of onshore unit trusts that have had above-average performance for three consecutive years ending June 2002; Description...
- Flexibility helps to retain the top spot. Murrill, Maureen // BRW;01/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p72
Reveals the pressure faced by Credit Suisse to continue to maintain its premier ranking among managers of superannuation funds in Australia. Holding of the rank for three consecutive years; Rate of return in the quarter ended December 31, 1999; Enforcement of philosophy of liquidity of markets...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/30/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p39
The article presents private equity related to statistics and various news items associated with investment banking. Noguib Sawiris, an Egyptian financier, has purchased Wind Telecomunicazioni, the phone and Internet subsidiary of Italian utility Enel SpA, for $3.8 billion in cash. Buyout shop...
- AVTEAM Assesses Alternatives. Stuart, Scott // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;05/24/99, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p6
Reports that AVTEAM Inc., an aerospace aftermarket supplier, has engaged Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) to explore its strategic alternatives. Assessment that will be handled by CSFB on AVTEAM; Financial status of AVTEAM for 1999; Alternative plans available for AVTEAM.