AWS committee releases safety standard
- Safety Consideration with the Oxyfuel Process. // Welding Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p99
Focuses on the safety consideration of welding with the oxyfuel process. Impact of the flame in the oxyfuel process on health; Importance of the precautionary labels and safety information in equipment and materials manufacturers; Use of the oxygen jet from a torch to blow dirt and soot from...
- Welding safety. Pankratz, Mike // Tech Directions;Dec99, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p35
Discusses common safety issues about welding. Includes arc rays and eye protection; Clothing; Grounding of the equipment; Routine inspection of electrical hardware; Regulators; Gas cylinders; Hoses.
- Six keys to avoiding welding danger. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p1
Presents ways of avoiding danger during welding. Need for a hot work permit system; Importance of adequate ventilation; List of protective equipment.
- WELDING SAFETY. Simpson, Roger // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p24
Provides tips for welding safety to prevent personal injury. Inspection of work area to prevent from fire; Significance of cleaning the chemical containers to be welded; Use of helmets and goggles to protect from ultraviolet light.
- Following the Standard for Safe Welding. Sutcliffe, Virginia // Occupational Hazards;Jul2001, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p43
Focuses on strategies in observing the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration standard for safe welding. Display of safety information in the form of labels on welding products and equipment; Provision of adequate ventilation for welding processes; Removal of combustible...
- Creep-resistant steels. // Welding & Cutting;2012, Issue 1, p22
The article offers methods for avoiding cracks in welding steel material such as pre-heating before tacking and welding, protecting the welding points from harmful weather influences, and using the correct welding filler suitable for the steel.
- CONSIDERING TIG WELDING? Fulcer, Jack // Hot Bike;2008, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p126
The article offers information on the process of tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding or gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW). It presents a brief background, procedures, specifications, safety measures and precautions to apply during TIG welding. Moreover, it details informations on choosing the most...
- Welding Safety: Are You Covering the Basics? Nighswonger, Todd // Welding Design & Fabrication;Jul2000, Vol. 73 Issue 7, pW3
Discusses the value of education and attention to safety procedures to eliminate many welding hazards. Number of United States workers facing safety and health risks due to welding hazards; Hazards frequently encountered; Methods to protect against fumes and gases.
- Avoiding Metal Shop Mishaps. Yearick, Bob // Automotive Body Repair News;Mar2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p34
Presents steps in avoiding metal shop mishaps. Safety in welding and vehicle protection; Danger in metal repairing; List of personal safety guidelines. INSETS: The Pull;Welding safety and vehicle protection;Personal Safety: No.1.