SME video explores basic extrusion processes
- Rethinking technology â€“ increasing efficiency of film extrusion. Hennes, J. // International Polymer Science & Technology;2014, Vol. 41 Issue 11, pT/1
The efficient production of films is an important requirement for the profitability of film producing companies, and the production efficiency of films can be improved by numerous measures. Savings in raw materials are particularly advantageous since these represent the highest proportion of...
- How to extrude plastomer blown film. Butler, Tom // Plastics Technology;Feb95, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p50
Details the process of extruding polyolefin plastomers (POP). Advantages of POPs for film applications; Similarity of POPs and low-level density polyethylene (LLDPE) processings; Plastomer rheology; Crystallization temperature; Screw design; Barell setting; Die gaps and pressures; Bubble...
- Extrusion of TPE profiles using water as a physical blowing agent. Meyke, Joachim; Maschinenbau, Hermann Berstor // Rubber World;Jul97, Vol. 216 Issue 4, p21
Focuses on Advanced Elastomer Systems and Berstorff's development of a technology for foaming Santoprene, a thermoplastic elastomer, using water as a physical blowing agent. Employment of physical foaming process; Theory of physical foaming; Properties of foamed Santoprene 201.
- Overcoming Challenges and Misconceptions of Extrusion. Fenske, Sean // Medical Design Technology;Oct2013, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p15
The article discusses the features of extrusion, a cost effective fabrication process used by medical device developers. Marketing manager Aaron Updegrove states that extrusion can be applied for thin films processed into discretized materials used in intravenous (IV) set valves. It adds that...
- Extrusions. // Design News;12/26/94, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p272
Lists companies in the United States that manufacture extrusions. Custom plastic; Impact; Metal; Plastic.
- Why I Still Like Analog Meters. frankland, jim // Plastics Technology;Jan2013, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p18
The author discusses his preference for analog meters in diagnosing extruder control system problems. Aside from feed restrictions, he explains that these meters help determine problems which include external inconsistencies, poor temperature profiles, and melt-channel plugging. He adds that...
- Troubleshooting Melt Fracture. Rauwendaal, Chris; Schut, Jan H. // Plastics Technology;Oct2001, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p53
Describes how to use the troubleshooting timeline strategy to melt fracture in tube and profile extrusion. Prerequisites to effective troubleshooting; Process variables to monitor; Comparing current processes conditions to previous conditions to under stand why a process is not behaving correctly.
- Lower-Cost Line of Medical Extruders. // Plastics Technology;Nov2005, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p19
Focuses on new sizes and options added by Norwich, Connecticut-based American Kuhne Inc. to the Ultra line of pipe and profile extruders, as of November 2005. Original sizes of the line of extruders; Features of the extruders; Comparison to the price of AKcel line.
- Extrusion - art or science? Miani, Mario // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jan2008, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p26
The author explores the concept of extrusion as a science. He specifically focuses on polymer extrusion. He reveals that there are number of models used in extruding polymer. He cites the importance of rheology in extrusion projects. He mentions the need to realize that rheology as something...