TrailPort autohauler draws enthusiasm
- The Road Ahead. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p43
A calendar of events in the truck trailer industry for 2015 is presented which includes the American Truck Dealers Convention & Expo in San Francisco, California, the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Kentucky, and the National Truck Equipment Association's The Work Truck Show in...
- Cannon fodder. // Truck & Driver;Jun2006, p18
The article reports that the truck Scania 144L.460 6x2 possesses the most effective shunters. This truck is used by Devon-based Cannon Commercials for moving trailers around the yard or taking them for test.
- MOTHER OF INVENTION. Dickson-Simpson, John // Commercial Motor;11/24/2005, Vol. 202 Issue 5154, p54
The article focuses on several designs of trailers and bodies showcased at the RAI truck show held in Amsterdam, Netherlands in October 2005. It includes a four-axle semi-trailer with tall dropsides for brick carrying from Pacton, Tridec trailing-arm air suspension, a link conveyor for a roller...
- A swing and a hit. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p50
Presents an account of tractor-trailer accident and discusses the consequences and implications that followed the accident. Factors responsible for the accident; Reasons for the decision to suspend the driver for three days.
- Survey finds new trailer orders surging. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2010, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the results of a survey conducted by CK Commercial Vehicle Research among for-hire, private and government fleets operating a combined total of 155,000 trailers, which reveal that 68% of respondents plan to order new trailers before the end of 2010.
- Untitled. // Motor Transport;2/9/2015, p6
The article reports on the increase in number of Euro-6 trucks and trailers at the vehicle rental firm Dawsonrentals.
- Two-part trucks. Hughes, Monica // Busy Trucks;2006, p10
A chapter of the book "Busy Trucks" is presented. The chapter focuses in two-part trucks. Some trucks have two parts, the tractor and the trailer. The tractor, which is the front of the truck, has a cab, an engine, and wheels. The trailer is the back part of the truck.
- A new focus on: TRAILERS: The industry's ubiquitous "box on wheels" is getting a serious makeover. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Apr2008, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p66
The article discusses the significant innovations on trailer characteristics for the motor vehicle fleets industry in the U.S. Companies want their fleets to have more capability, longevity and options. They want equipment that will contribute to fuel savings and productivity. As a result,...
- Road trains. Hughes, Monica // Busy Trucks;2006, p14
A chapter of the book "Busy Trucks" is presented. The chapter describes road trains. Very long trucks are called road trains. Road trains have two or three trailers.