New hydraulic brake actuator coming to US
- Braking News. // Irish Motor Management;May/Jun2008, p43
The article discusses the understanding about how automobile brake system work and what technology behind the functions. The typical brake system consists of disk brakes in front and either disk or drum brakes in the rear connected by a system of tubes and hoses that link the brake at each wheel...
- THE MULTI PARAMETRIC STAND FOR MECHANICAL TESTING LINEAR ACTUATOR MECHANISMS. NASUI, Vasile; COTETIU, Radu; UNGUREANU, Nicolae // Proceedings of the International Conference on Diagnosis & Predi;2012, p225
This paper has a purpose the achievement of a new approach of experimental research using a new experimental stand for mechanical testing of the linear actuator mechanisms and products with linear motion. In hardware configuration, there are the following components whose main characteristics...
- ISSUES CONCERNING PLOTTING THE STATIC CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SERVOMECHANISMS OF THE WHEELED MILITARY AUTOMOTIVE. VILĂU, RADU // MTA Review;Jun2015, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p107
When either the designing computation or performances check of an actuator, first time mathematical models that describe the working modes of the system are used. The mathematical models are built up based on the equations that describe the working modes of each component of the system, or the...
- Poppet-type brake pressure control valve for the hydraulic brake system of railway rolling stock. Chenvisuwat, T; Park, S-H; Kitagawa, A // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part I;Dec2004, Vol. 218 Issue 8, p655
In this study, a novel hydraulic brake system is proposed in order to increase the reliability of railway brake systems. The hydraulic brake system has not been used as a practical railway brake system until now because the brake pressure control (BPC) valve inherently has internal leakage,...
- How Does It Work? Hydraulic Systems. George, Fred // Business & Commercial Aviation;Sep2006, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p76
This article presents information on aircraft hydraulic systems. Aircraft hydraulic systems were developed in the early 20th century as a practical means of transmitting robust mechanical power generated by a pump, usually driven by an engine, to a motor or actuator several feet away. Some...
- Study of mechanism for wear adjustment with electro wedge brake. Dong-Hwan Shin; Tae-Sang Park; Sung-Ho Jin; Jeon IL Moon; Seung-Han Yang // Key Engineering Materials;2014, Vol. 625, p712
Electro wedge brake (EWB) have been suggested and improved for enhancing the braking efficiency and reducing the weight and power of actuating motor than electro mechanical brake (EMB). This is due to self-reinforcement features of the wedge mechanism. On the other hand, the conventional...
- MAGURA Julie. Phillips, Matt // Mountain Bike;Nov2000, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p109
Evaluates the hydraulic disc brake from Magura company.
- Make your fingers count. Phillips, Matt // Mountain Bike;Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p80
Evaluates the Razor Rock Stiffy mountain bike hydraulic brake lever.
- ASK UNCLE KNOBBY. // Mountain Bike;Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p23
Gives advice on the prevention of a leak in the hydraulic disc brakes of mountain bikes.