Viacom weighing split decision
- Spinoff Gets Thumbs Up. Wagner, Holly J. // Video Store Magazine;10/10/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p56
Reports on the approval of an exchange offer of Viacom Inc. to support the Blockbuster Video splitoff in October 2004. Number of shares allowed by Viacom in exchange for the shares of Blockbuster stock; Oversubscription of the deal.
- Viacom news has Street abuzz. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/6/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 50, p10
The article focuses on the impact of the dismissal of Viacom Inc.'s president and CEO Tom Freston on the stock of the company. Merrill Lynch analyst Jessica Reif Cohen downgraded Viacom shares, citing the significant uncertainty regarding both the relevance of change in Viacom's management and...
- Viacom Dios! Investors may be praying for change at the top. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;4/27/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p2
The article reports that the rating of shares of Viacom Inc. from buy to neutral by media analyst Rich Greenfield has raised questions on company chief executive officer Philippe Dauman. Greenfield blamed Dauman for everything from MTV's sagging ratings to the 44% fall in the company's share...
- Is managerial unrest holding stock back? // Inside Tucson Business;6/7/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p8
No abstract available.
- Viacom's Redstone Continues to Accumulate Midway Games. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p4
Discusses the continued share-buying of Sumner Redstone, Viacom chairman and chief executive officer, of the stocks of Midway Games Inc. Information on Midway; Details of the share-buying of Redstone; Comments from equity analysts.
- Redstone eyes Par replacement. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/9/2004, Vol. 386 Issue 24, p4
This article presents information related to corporate moves in the media industry. Viacom Inc.'s CEO Sumner Redstone said that expansion in China, which he has recently visited again, and stock buybacks will remain Viacom's key initiatives. Discussing an $8 billion stock repurchase program...
- It's good to be Redstone even when profits decline. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;12/27/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p40
This article presents information on the financial performance of Viacom Inc. 2003 was a disappointing year for Viacom Inc. Operating income fell by 21% and its stock price underperformed the S&P 500 and that of most other media companies. Nonetheless, Chairman and Chief Executive Sumner...
- Big Viacom buyback due. Szalai, Georg; Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/13/2005, Vol. 392 Issue 13, p1
This article reports that Viacom Inc. on Monday unveiled a stock buyback program of as much as $3 billion for the post-split Viacom, which kicks in when the entertainment giant separates into two on or around December 31, 2005. The news came as designated post-split Viacom CEO Tom Freston told...
- Viacom puts stox in exex. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/18/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the amount of salary and bonus given by Viacom Inc. to its CEO and chairman Summer Redstone in the U.S. for 2004. Inclusion of stock options; Expression of protest by some stockholders; Citation of the compensation packages given to co-CEO Tom Freston and Leslie Moonves.