A genuine fan of furniture trade
- Allied Carpets Cranbrook Road. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p13
Evaluates Allied Carpets, a furniture retailer in Great Britain, citing its display of merchandise, customer service and friendliness of the staff.
- Allied suspends shares as sales policy breaks down. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p2
Reports on Allied Carpets's investigation of its sales policy after admitting that its normal procedure of recognizing sales upon delivery had broke down. Expected amount of the sales misattribution; Suspension of the stock market shares.
- Allied strikes back as bidders begin talks. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/27/99, Issue 5152, p4
Discusses the sales performance and takeover approaches received by bed and carpet group Allied Carpets.
- Undercover in Cambridge. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p10
Evaluates the bed sections in Cambridge, England-based furniture stores Bensons Bed Centres and Allied Carpets. Use of advertising signs at Bensons Bed; Product presentation at Allied Carpets.
- Allied holds on to gains despite store sale doubts. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of furniture retailers, suppliers and manufacturers in Great Britain as of November 23, 1998. Includes financial gains of Allied Carpets despite speculation about the sale of 27 stores to Carpetright; Increase in Magnet's operating profits; Financial losses...
- Allied Carpets to test mezzanines. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p3
Reports the plan of Allied Carpets to test a mezzanine store format in England.
- EYE ON DESIGN. Beswick, Cris // In-Store;Oct2005, p46
Evaluates several stores of carpet and flooring retailers in Great Britain. Allied Carpets; John Lewis; Carpetright.
- NUMBER CRUNCHING. // Estates Gazette;8/1/2009, Issue 930, p31
The article presents statistics on topics related to real estate in Great Britain, including the annual rent per store that Allied Carpets was paying in 2007 and the annual rent per store that Allied Carpets Retail wants to pay.
- New look for Furnitureland. // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p5
Reports on Furnitureland's launched of a retail format at its Stevanage and Leicester stores in England. Comments of Peter Dickson, chairman, on the format; Resignation of finance director Garry Hirst.