The comfort factor
- Slumberland spends _GCP_2m on upgrade. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/98, Issue 5118, p3
Focuses on bed maker Slumberland's plan to increase capacity at its factory in Lancashire, England. Construction of a warehouse; Number of jobs to be created.
- Furniture Industry Awards 1999: champagne reception. // Cabinet Maker;10/16/98, Issue 5110, p10
Highlights the champagne reception held by Slumberland at the 1998 Furniture Industry Awards, held January 26, 1998. Reception features; Background information about the award.
- Slumberland rolling out in-store credit kiosks. // Furniture/Today;3/26/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p81
The article reports on Herndon, Virginia-based Slumberland Furniture's plan to roll out Showroom Technology's retail kiosk system. The kiosks will handle credit applications, advertise and promote using full motion video. It will also allow consumers in the 105-store Slumberland to browse...
- Slumberland enters Wichita. // Furniture/Today;3/14/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p60
Reports on the opening of two stores by Slumberland Furniture in Wichita, Kansas. Amount of money raised during the opening festivities for the Wichita Habitat for Humanity; Success of the opening of the stores; Area of the showroom of the two stores.
- Time for Indulgence. // Cabinet Maker;7/11/2003, Issue 5346, p7
Discusses the participation of mattress company, Slumberland in the 2003 London Furniture Show.
- A ready answer for everything. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p43
The article presents information about Mark Preston, Slumberland Furniture marketing manager. He believes that the furniture industry should look upon by consumers more like an FMCG industry-where they know about the products and brands. It would make marketing the products more innovative if...
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2001, Issue 5249, p29
Reports developments in the furniture trade and industry in Great Britain as of August 2001. Distribution of brochures highlighting the restored Chippendale State Bed; Acquisition of a 12 feet sofa from Italian manufacturer Promemoria by pop star Robbie Williams; Percentage of people preferring...
- Positively persevereing. // Cabinet Maker;1/9/2004, Issue 5370, p30
Interviews David Willis, sales and marketing director for British bedroom furniture company Slumberland Inc. Personal background; Education; Views on the state of the furniture industry; Business philosophy.
- New ways for a new age. // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2004, Issue 5371, p52
Features the furniture firms Slumberland and Woodberry Brothers and Haines in Great Britain. Business operations of Slumberland; Types of furniture from Woodberry; Company profile.