What will they be buying this year?

March 2005
Cabinet Maker;3/25/2005, Issue 5431, p22
Trade Publication
The article reports that Cabinet Maker's research suggests that sofas, so recently the darling of the furniture industry, have suddenly suffered something of a fall from grace, with leather perhaps poised for the biggest slide. The research is based on the survey of 100 respondents. The clear favourite was living or dining furniture, chosen by 26%, followed by bedroom furniture, with 16%--a total of 42% prioritising cabinet furniture. A bed was the third choice, scoring 14%. Then came leather upholstery, picked by 9%, and fabric upholstery,7%--a combined vote of only 16%. Outdoor or conservatory furniture scored a further 7%. Of the remaining participants, 18% would not buy furniture and 3% did not know.


Related Articles

  • Coastal Cottage MAKEOVER. GRAHAM, MELINDA // Cottages & Bungalows;Aug/Sep2015, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p102 

    The article presents suggestions for homeowners on how to recreate its interior decorations and furnitures in coastal residential cottages, featuring mixing and matching of design patterns, use of vintage accessories and considering colors for interior decorations.

  • Rent-A-Center refinances debt with new facility.  // Furniture/Today;10/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p230 

    The article depicts various models of bedroom and living room acccessories. The major product line that find a mention in the article include ZOCALO, BERMANFALK, SOMERTON, River Forks, Payne Street, Stickiey, Crawford Furniture and Lifestyie Solutions by Elite. Furthermore the article also...

  • Bedroom secrets. Bradbury, Lynn // Cabinet Maker;9/17/2004, Issue 5406, p14 

    Presents a survey investigating which of the largest furniture retailers in Great Britain have the best choice of freestanding bedroom cabinet furniture. Range of products offered by bedroom cabinet furniture retailers; Number of options of wardrobes, chests and bedside cabinets at each...

  • Bedroom Furniture, Adult.  // Furniture/Today;2005 Buyer's Guide, p33 

    Provides information about the development of bedroom furniture for adults. Common design of monster-sized beds; Offering of tall storage; Companies offering bedroom furniture.

  • New style twists freshen metal bed category. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p26 

    Focuses on the market performance of the metal beds segment of the house furnishings industry in the United States in October 2000. Changes in key price points; Available product designs; Market performance of various industry players.

  • Sealy highly commended.  // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p3 

    Reports that bed firm Sealy was highly commended in the Duke of Westminster Awards for Business Excellence.

  • Youth bedrooms moving toward grown-up styles. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p25 

    Focuses on the market performance of the youth bedroom segment of the house furnishings industry in the United States in October 2000. Changes in key price points; Available product designs; Market performance of various industry players.

  • Courts ruled OK on beds.  // Cabinet Maker;10/15/99, Issue 5159, p5 

    Reports that the Great Britain Advertising Standards has ruled that house furnishings company Courts can continue to claim to be the country's `Biggest Beds Specialist.'

  • Corndell award.  // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p2 

    Reports that Corndell Furniture has been named Bedroom Furniture Supplier of the Year by department store chain House of Fraser.


Read the Article


Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics