- Money back guarantees in retailing: Matching products to consumer tastes. Davis, Scott; Gerstner, Eitan; Hagerty, Michael // Journal of Retailing;Spring95, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p7
Retailers often sell products that consumers cannot fully evaluate before purchase. To reduce consumer risk, some retailers offer consumers money-back guarantees (MBGs). We develop a simple model that allows us to determine conditions in which MBGs work best to enhance profits and social...
- Offering low price guarantees to improve customer retention. McWilliams, Bruce; Gerstner, Eitan // Journal of Retailing;Jun2006, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p105
Abstract: Major retailers in the USA offer money back guarantees (MBGs) under which they return money to dissatisfied customers. Some of these retailers also offer low price guarantees (LPGs) under which they promise to refund price differences if buyers find a lower price after purchase. Some...
- your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;08/25/2000, Issue 5202, p7
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on the furniture business. Differences between a guarantee and warranty; Customer complaint concerning the style and design of an extended table; Responsibility of retailers with respect to a manufacturing fault.
- The canine legislative beat. Gardner, Janice Sparhawke // Dog World;Feb98, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p72
Reports the essence of a guarantee in buying a dog. A validated guarantee between the store owner and the buyer; Flaws inherent in guarantees; Imposed regulations on the sale of dogs and cats in some states; Importance of pet guarantees.
- Guarantees: How To Get Your Money Back. Hattaway, Peter // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p70
Looks at aspects of the law relating to credit guarantees in New Zealand. Importance of getting a guarantee from clients; Provisions under Section 2 of the Contracts Enforcement Act 1956; Information required by guarantors from creditors.
- store openings. // Furniture/Today;7/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p32
Reports on the openings of several stores related to furniture industry in the U.S. Drexel Heritage in Southlake, Texas; Design of the Interior in Winnetka, Illinois; Rowe Furniture in Kahului, Hawaii.
- Armani Casa Debuts at AtmosphÃ¨re in Santurce. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;9/22/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the acquisition of the exclusive distribution rights to Armani Casa collection by locally-owned upscale furniture retailer AtmosphÃ¨re in Puerto Rico. Sale of Armani Casa furniture and home accessories; Investment of the firm in the local market; Outstanding service and comfortable...
- Open house. Soltani, Sonia // Cabinet Maker;11/18/2005, Issue 5465, p18
Features the Harmer furniture store on New Kings Road in London, England. Factors influencing the owner's decision to base the store at her house; Description of the store's interior design; Product ranges.
- Diversionary tactics. // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p20
The article discusses the attempts of furniture stores in Great Britain to offer furniture not made from oak. Retailers are attempting to diversify their offerings to break the monopoly of oak furniture. Lenleys of Canterbury are offering mahogany and waxed cherry dining furniture. Castle...