- Dressed for more sales. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;2/3/2006, Issue 5474, p22
The article emphasizes the importance of a complete package, meaning with bedlinen and beds, in selling bedroom furnitures. The idea is to harness the potential of its add-on sales. According to the author, in many cases it is the specialist nature of bed and mattress sales that is holding...
- Prints and the new revolution. Bird, Michael // In-Store Marketing;Jan2003, p27
Focuses on the trend towards more intimate relationships between printing companies and brands and retailers in the point-of-purchase advertising market in Great Britain. Effort by brands and retailers to build long-term relationships where the supplier is involved in the marketing, design,...
- News watch: data. // Display & Design Ideas;Jul2005, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p14
This article presents information related to automotive retailing, wth a spotlight on Maserati's stunning showroom in Modena, Italy. Gasoline is guzzling consumer dollars. 66.2 percent of consumers believe that fluctuating gas prices have impacted their spending habits, up from 56.8 percent in...
- Onscreen Technologies Inc. // Display & Design Ideas;May2005, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p62
This article focuses on the display of merchandise by OnScreen Technologies Inc. The Living Window turns any window into an advertising vehicle. Customers can still see through the window from the inside or outside of the store, while the display features full text and graphics.
- Slice Up the Showroom. Michaud, Christy // Dealernews;Jul2006, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p44
The article offers suggestions on how to make retail spaces stand out. All products and departments need repeated exposure to and interaction with customers. Each sub-department should have their own presentation. Walkways of stores should be the one that carries related or adjacent products...
- 911 ragtop debuts. // Automotive News;1/24/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6131, p24
The article informs that Porsche launched the convertible version of its redesigned 911 sports car at the Detroit auto show. The 911 Cabriolet is powered by a 3.6-liter flat-6 producing 335 hp. It will arrive in U.S. showrooms this spring priced at about$ 70,000.
- American Furniture Rentals opens DC. // Furniture/Today;9/19/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p72
Announces the opening of a distribution center by rent-to-rent specialist American Furniture Rental Inc. in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. Significance of the facility to the company's New England and metropolitan New York operations; Comments of company president Jerry Hellmann on the clients'...
- KPG processless plate aired at Heidelberg days. Hayes, Rod // Printing World;5/12/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 6, p4
Reports that the KPG thermal nonprocessing plate is getting its initial major airing in Great Britain during a series of open days being conducted at Heidelberg showrooms. Assessment of market acceptance; Ink/dampening action; Advantages of the plate.
- Window shopping. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p41
Discusses the need for planning in designing effective window displays for furniture retailers in Great Britain. Importance of a good window display to draw customers inside; Important criteria in window design; Other consideration involved such as designing a signage; Experience of several...