Take the risk out of hiring
- 27 percent of SLC employers plan to hire. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/26/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the plan of employers in Salt Lake City, Utah to hire during the fourth quarter of 2005. Percentage of companies that are expected to reduce their payrolls; List of job prospects for the quarter.
- CRASH COURSE. Garrett, Alexander // Management Today;Sep2015, Issue 6, p17
The article offers ideas for employers on how to attract the best graduates by taking advantage of the social media, word of mouth, and investment on targeted small events such as campus dinners and one-on-one meetings with candidates.
- THE 'S' WORD. Henderson, Jacqui // People Management;10/4/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p7
The author stresses on the importance of skills in hiring employees. She says that she supports the greater focus on the success achieved by individual employees and employers that have invested in skills. She also reports that the National Skills Forum found that practical case studies were a...
- HOW TO Hire GREAT Employees. Wall, Cynthia // Home Business Magazine: The Home-Based Entrepreneur's Magazine;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p88
The article provides the process of hiring employees who could make the business more inviting and profitable. To identify an applicant who has good personal qualities, a hiring process needs three elements of screening, probation, and evaluation. Information on how to carry out those elements...
- The delicate art of reference checking. Messmer, Max // Business Credit;May99, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p40
Discusses the importance of reference checking in the employee selection process. Executives' wariness of being specific about former employees and their work histories; Options available to hiring managers who are faced with the limitations of reference checking; Reluctance of references to...
- Bridgeport area employers to step up hiring. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/9/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p13
The article cites a survey that reports that employers in Bridgeport and Fairfield expect to hire employees at a steady pace. In the survey, thirteen percent of the companies interviewed planned to recruit more employees, while none expected to reduce their payrolls. Job prospects appear best in...
- Accounting and Finance Jobs in Demand as Economy Rebounds. ALLEN, MIKE // San Diego Business Journal;5/20/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p16
The article reports on the increased job opportunities for workers with experience on accounting and finance due to the expansion of company operations.
- Citrin Cooperman Corner. ROBERTS, EDWARD // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/7/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 27, p5
The article offers tips for attracting, hiring, and retaining the right employees such as looking beyond the experience, preparing for the search, and promoting the culture to the candidates.
- Hire Smart to Start. Ford, Lisa // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Oct2010, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p6
The article offers tips on the smart ways on how to hire the best possible employees which include execution of behavioral interviewing, giving facts regarding the company's nature of work, and providing real-life experience of job expectations.