Catch-22 on stamp duty
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2005, Issue 5431, p9
The article presents views on the budget proposed in the British Parliament. Peter Clark, The Furnishing Studio store manager, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, said that it makes no difference to the furniture industry. What the industry needs to see though is less tax on the consumer. He believes...
- Stamp duty on proxies. // Accountancy;Dec1975, Vol. 86 Issue 988, p11
Reports on the ruling made by the British House of Lords on stamp duties on proxies in 'Marx and Others vs. Estates and General Investments Ltd.' Sine die adjournment of meeting by the company's stockholders who voted down a merger proposal; Question of whether the stampless votes could be...
- Stamp duty hike is no money spinner. // Mortgage Strategy;8/20/2012, p13
The article reports on the plan of the British government to increase stamp duty on properties worth more than 2 million British pounds in the budget.
- Clampdown on tax dodgers could snare B2L buyers. // Mortgage Strategy;3/26/2012, p5
The article reports that the British Budget's move to curb Stamp Duty avoidance could inadvertently affect buy-to-let investors, according to the National Landlords Association.
- Government Spending Cuts. Coryton, Demitri; Garrett, Guy; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;May2010, Issue 43, p407
The article reports on a statement of Lord De Morley, a Government Whip and spokesman for Business, Innovation and Skills, the Home Office and the Treasury, in the British Parliament's House of Lords on May 26, 2010 concerning the Government's spending cuts.
- Government-backed report rubbishes Labour's airport plans. // Ecologist;Sep2003, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p10
Provides information on the report "Budget 2003 and Aviation," published on July 29, 2003 by the House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee of Great Britain. Purpose of the report; Findings; Recommendations.
- Rushed defence cuts could harm reforms, say MPs. Phillips, Lucy // Public Finance;2/12/2010, p10
The article reports on the House of Commons defence select committee report on the need to avoid an early stringency budget that risks derailing the military reform in Great Britain.
- Northern Ireland Tax. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2002, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on the overview of the 2002 budget in Great Britain. Rates in income tax; Increase in insurance rate of employers and employees; Elimination of several stamp duty saving techniques.
- Stamp duty resolutions defective. Greene, Chris; Gable, Sonia // Accountancy;May86, Vol. 97 Issue 1113, p38
Reports that the British government has withdrawn three Budget day stamp duty resolutions for further consultations with the financial institutions involved.