- Nerves of Steal. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jun2004, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on employee theft in retail stores in the U.S. Percentage of inventory shrinkage from employee theft, according to survey; List of retail items that are prone to theft; Importance of the pre-employment screening process in preventing employee theft; Information on a exception-based...
- DSN CHARTS: Retail Employment. // Discount Store News;8/9/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p4
Presents a chart of employee distribution in the retail trade in the United States as of August 1999.
- What's Really Remarkable About REX-Winning Women? // Drug Store News;10/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p8
Opinion. Comments on the 1998 Retail Excellence Awards given by the periodical `Drug Store News' to honor retailers in the United States. Awardees; Significance of the award; Recognition of the efforts of women in the retail industry.
- Screen Test. // Chain Store Age;Oct2000, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p76
Deals with the in-store television (TV) programming of The Sports Authority in the United States. Programs included in the WTSA, the TV network of The Sports Authority; Objectives of initiative; Advantage of the network to retail stores; Impact of the WTSA programming on retail customers.
- Operating stores: High octane execution. Jacobs, Bill // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1994, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p21MH
Discusses strategies for improving store operation. Multiplier effect; Training and development of store employees; Focused training programs; Recruitment of appropriate personnel; Incentives for employees; Simplification of shopping process; Use of technology to improve customer service.
- It isn't just shopping. Maeglin, Kathy // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p33
Discusses the challenges of retail buying for women employees in Indianapolis, Indiana. Description of the tasks faced by Jennifer Demmary as a buyer for a jeweler; Lack of buying positions in the retail sector; Stephanie Lindsay's role as primary buyer of women's and children's shoes and...
- The Five-Finger Fix? McGinn, Daniel // Newsweek;12/20/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 25, p13
Reports on the use of computer models by retail stores to assist them in predicting which items may by prone to shoplifting. View that Christmas is a popular time to shoplift; Amount of revenue lost by retailers from employee theft, return fraud, and shoplifting; Use of closed-circuit cameras...
- Nonstore Retailing Gains Favor With Consumers. Andersen, Arthur // Chain Store Age;Aug99 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p29a
Provides information on Internet retailers in the United States. Sales posted by Internet-based retailing in 1998; Effort taken by the retailers to gain first-mover advantage; Issues that need to be addressed before Internet retailing reaches the proportions that pundits proclaim it will. ...
- Sales by outlet stay the course for the most part. Olenick // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/29/99, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p50
Reports on the relatively static configuration of United States retail segments' share of the computer products market in 1998. Growth of several categories in year-over-year sales; Computer superstores, consumer electronics and appliance stores as top two categories; Regional consumer...