- Nerves of Steal. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jun2004, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on employee theft in retail stores in the U.S. Percentage of inventory shrinkage from employee theft, according to survey; List of retail items that are prone to theft; Importance of the pre-employment screening process in preventing employee theft; Information on a exception-based...
- DSN CHARTS: Retail Employment. // Discount Store News;8/9/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p4
Presents a chart of employee distribution in the retail trade in the United States as of August 1999.
- What's Really Remarkable About REX-Winning Women? // Drug Store News;10/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p8
Opinion. Comments on the 1998 Retail Excellence Awards given by the periodical `Drug Store News' to honor retailers in the United States. Awardees; Significance of the award; Recognition of the efforts of women in the retail industry.
- Screen Test. // Chain Store Age;Oct2000, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p76
Deals with the in-store television (TV) programming of The Sports Authority in the United States. Programs included in the WTSA, the TV network of The Sports Authority; Objectives of initiative; Advantage of the network to retail stores; Impact of the WTSA programming on retail customers.
- Operating stores: High octane execution. Jacobs, Bill // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1994, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p21MH
Discusses strategies for improving store operation. Multiplier effect; Training and development of store employees; Focused training programs; Recruitment of appropriate personnel; Incentives for employees; Simplification of shopping process; Use of technology to improve customer service.
- It isn't just shopping. Maeglin, Kathy // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p33
Discusses the challenges of retail buying for women employees in Indianapolis, Indiana. Description of the tasks faced by Jennifer Demmary as a buyer for a jeweler; Lack of buying positions in the retail sector; Stephanie Lindsay's role as primary buyer of women's and children's shoes and...
- The Five-Finger Fix? McGinn, Daniel // Newsweek;12/20/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 25, p13
Reports on the use of computer models by retail stores to assist them in predicting which items may by prone to shoplifting. View that Christmas is a popular time to shoplift; Amount of revenue lost by retailers from employee theft, return fraud, and shoplifting; Use of closed-circuit cameras...
- Nonstore Retailing Gains Favor With Consumers. Andersen, Arthur // Chain Store Age;Aug99 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p29a
Provides information on Internet retailers in the United States. Sales posted by Internet-based retailing in 1998; Effort taken by the retailers to gain first-mover advantage; Issues that need to be addressed before Internet retailing reaches the proportions that pundits proclaim it will. ...
- CompUSA remains on top in PC sales. Olenick // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/29/99, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p50
Reports on the sales performance of United States computer products retailers in 1998 as reflected in the 1999 TWICE Computer Products Registry. Number one spot retained by CompUSA; Performances of Best Buy, Office Depot, Circuit City, Staples, Micro Center, Office Max, Sears, PC Connection and...