New life for Copenhagen
- Floor space at regional show sells fast. // Cabinet Maker;5/16/2014, Issue 5885, p10
The article previews the exhibition "South West Furniture Show" at the Sedgemoor Auction Centre in Bridgwater Somerset, Great Britain from September 16-18, 2014 which features the upholstery firms Sitbest, Furnico, Rowico, Sherborne and Kingstown.
- Industry Calendar. // Furniture/Today;7/25/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p112
The article presents information on forthcoming trade shows related to the furniture industry and trade. It reports that the "Las Vegas Furniture Show" will take place at Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada during July 25-28, 2005. It also informs that the "Pittsburgh Gift...
- Black and white. Gay, Alison; Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;5/19/2006, Issue 5488, p30
The article presents information on upholsteries displayed in the furniture exhibition Salone del Mobile held from April 5-10, 2006 in Milan. White predominated with black accessories and detailing in this show. Softening of shapes, drawing on classic details were also there.
- Motion sources make best of slow market. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;3/3/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p14
The article focuses on the performance of the motion upholstery displayed at the Tupelo Furniture Market in Tupelo, Mississippi. According to the author, exhibitors of the show look at the bright side as they waited for buyers despite of a slow market. She states that the said show was a...
- COMMON SENSE ANTIQUES. Taylor, Fred // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p19
The article discusses the development of upholsteries in chairs which started with skins draped across a board, then someone added paddings, and later added with flat metal springs imbedded in the frames below the cushions.
- Casual comfort reigns in upholstery. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the state of the stationary upholstery sector in the U.S. as of October 2002. Trend towards casual comfort designs; Sales performance.
- New loft look target 20- to 30-somethings. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p25
Reports on the trend towards slip covers and loft looks in stationary furniture upholstery in the U.S. as of October 2002. Designs and styles; Target markets; Price ranges.
- Oz to be upholstered. // Cabinet Maker;9/29/2006, Issue 5507, p35
The article reports on the emigration of upholsterers to answer the shortage of furniture workers in Australia and New Zealand. According to a foreign exchange firm, Moneycorp, many upholsterers are working on covering the giant avant-garde sofa in the Sydney Opera House. Workers are trying...
- Quebec market widening net to include big stores. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the success of the Salon du Meuble de QuÃ©bec exhibition of case goods and upholstery, despite weak business conditions and a lower-than-expected attendance of buyers in Quebec. Type of audience; Sentiments of sales executives from leading furniture companies, on the attendance of...