HoF not so Content
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p5
Presents news briefs on developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain, current as of March 26, 2004. Demolition of the Windsor House store; Consumer confidence regarding online shopping; Pre-tax profits of House of Fraser; Accidental death of Lee Entwhistle by grandmother's recliner.
- Will the consumer be Content? Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2005, Issue 5431, p9
The article reports that Content by Conran saw another blow this week as House of Fraser PLC dropped its displays in all but two stores. House of Fraser has never seemed the most natural fit for this lifestyle brand. Even as the chain appears to be moving its products in a more lifestyle...
- Openings help to drive HoF to five-year high. // Cabinet Maker;6/25/2004, Issue 5394, p6
Reports on the implications of the new store openings for the financial performance of furniture chain House of Fraser PLC (HoF) in Great Britain. Wage increase for HoF executives; Improvement of gross margins; Impact of cost-cutting measures on the stock price of the company.
- in brief. // Cabinet Maker;6/16/2006, Issue 5492, p5
The article reports on developments related to the furniture industry in Great Britain as of June 16, 2006. Furniture retailer Hammonds opened an outlet at a Land of Leather store in Exeter. Iceland-based investor Baugur is planning to purchase the House of Fraser after the completion of...
- HoF to dispose of three Scottish stores. // Cabinet Maker;7/5/2002, Issue 5294, p2
Reports the plans of furniture retailer House of Fraser to sell three of its seven stores in Scotland. Companies that will buy the stores; Reason of House of Fraser for selling the stores; Store locations that will be left for the company.
- Sales jump at HoF. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p5
Reports the increase in the sales of the department store chain House of Fraser PLC in Great Britain.
- Christmas cheer is thin on the ground. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/13/2002, Issue 5317, p4
Reports on the share bid of the furniture company House of Fraser from entrepreneur Tom Hunter. Details on the trading record of the firm; Increase of pre-tax loss of the company for six month operation; Prediction of stock market analysts on the operation of the firm.
- Select Content for HoF. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p4
Reports on the list of furniture retailers joining the Content by Conran show in Great Britain. Expansion plans of House of Fraser PLC; Floorspace allocations; Benefits of the show for the industry.
- House of Fraser sets a brand new approach. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p5
Reports on the House of Fraser's range of furniture for autumn/winter 2003. Plan of the chain to focus on the contemporary in its drive to be the best at brands; Upholstery from Vissers and Trend; Sales growth experienced by the company.