Allders: and then there were three
- Second Closure at House of Fraser. Jones, Nina // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/22/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the plan of House of Fraser to close its Barkers store in London, England in January 2006. Reasons for the planned closure; Views of CEO John Coleman on reviewing their portfolio of stores; Approximate amount to be generated for the sale of the leases.
- Hunter's prey is little more than departmental error. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;1/9/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p25
Discusses Tom Hunter's effort to gain control of the department stores Allders PLC and House of Fraser PLC. Hunter's plan to consolidate the firms; Stock ownership of Hunter; Performance of the retail sector.
- House of Fraser eyes up Allders. Santry // Cabinet Maker;09/24/99, Issue 5156, p1
Reports plans of the House of Fraser to acquire Allders company in Great Britain. Notion about the agreement signed by both companies; Purpose of the agreement; Factors attributing to the acquisition of Allders; Announcement of drop profits by Allders.
- Allders and HoF gain as merger talks terminate. Friars // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p6
Reports the financial gains of Allders and House of Fraser in Great Britain. Benefits of the merger; Reasons for the failure of the talk; Views of the shareholders on the merger; Financial performance of shareholders.
- Sweiry to Allders. // Housewares;May/Jun98, Issue 140, p9
Reports that David Sweiry, assistant cookware buyer at House of Fraser PLC, a department store has left the store to join Allders PLC in a similar role.
- House of Fraser operating net rockets 97.2% for the first half. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/3/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 65, p19
Reports on the financial performance of the British department store group House of Fraser PLC for the first half of 1994. Rise in operating profits; Sales figures; Increased loss as a result of exceptional costs associated with its stock market flotation in March; Company operations; Planned...
- spotlight in Birmingham. // Housewares;Oct2003, Issue 177, p14
Focuses on the assessment of stores in Birmingham, England. Categories used in assessing the stores; Rating received by Debenhams PLC; Customer service at the House of Fraser PLC.
- Online retailer to open House of Fraser concessions. // Cabinet Maker;11/25/2011, Issue 5765, p4
The article reports that Black Orchid Interiors, an online furniture retailer will open first two concessions in House of Fraser (Stores) Ltd. chain in Manchester, England on December 1, 2011.
- House of Fraser makeover boost. // Cabinet Maker;10/06/2000, Issue 5208, p5
Reports the renovation of several retail stores of the House of Fraser (HoF) in London, England. Impact of refurbishment costs on pre-tax losses; Expansion of Linea clothing label; Accounts on the agreement between HoF and Bentalls on the purchasing price of a Bristol store.