Through the gates
- The Passion of the Christos. Sternbergh, Adam // New York;1/24/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p26
Details the efforts of the artist Christo and Jean-Claude to pay for the art installation The Gates: Central Park, New York, 1979-2005 in New York City. Difficulty experienced in trying to solicit the permission of the city government; Description of the artists' personalities; Production of...
- CHRISTO DOES CENTRAL PARK. Wallach, Amei // Smithsonian;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p84
Profiles artist Christo and his wife Jeanne-Claude are planning to wrap New York City's Central Park in panels of saffron colored nylon. Other projects Christo has completed including surrounding islands with pink cloth; Background of the artist.
- Helping fantasies stand up to reality. Boyce, Nell // U.S. News & World Report;4/12/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on "The Gates," a work of art using fabric, planned for New York City's Central Park by artist couple Christo and Jeanne-Claude. Simplicity of the engineering; Elements of the couple's artistic vision; Role of Vince Davenport as chief engineer for the artists' projects; Engineering...
- Final analysis. // Psychology Today;Aug2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p88
Interviews married couple and artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude. Misconception about their work; Views on sex differences; Accomplishments.
- IT'S NOT A WRAP! Kelley, Raina // Newsweek;2/14/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p64
Offers advice on how to survey the art exhibit of Christo and Jeanne-Claude called "The Gates." 7,500 orange fabric curtains which will be installed in New York City's Central Park which is sure to draw crowds; Suggestion for the best walking approach; How best to get there by buss; Suggestion...
- GOLDEN GATES. K.R. // New York;4/5/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p87
Says that the Metropolitan Museum in New York, New York will exhibit sketches, collages, photographs, and maps used by wrap artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude in the creative process of wrapping Central Park with 7,500 gates of yellow vinyl. Project slated for a 16-day run in February 2005;...
- Keys to 'The Gates'. Rosenberg, Karen // New York;2/14/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p182
Presents four events in New York City in preparation for the "The Gates," artwork exhibit in Central Park from February 12 to 27, 2005. "From the Roof: Christo and Jean-Claude's "The Gates" in Central Park at the Metropolitan Museum; "Manmade Planet: Photographs by Wolfgang Volz," at the Chelsea...
- Curtain Up. Stevens, Mark // New York;2/28/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p64
Reviews the art exhibit called "The Gates," by Christo and Jeanne-Claude in New York City.
- Fondation de l'Hermitage. // Sculpture;May2009, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
The article reviews the exhibition "Christo and Jeanne-Claude: Over the River" at the Fondation de l'Hermitage in Lausanne, Swirzerland until May 24, 2009.