A call to bloggers (not a running group)
- One Hundred Ideas Before Lunch. Perico, Kaja // Psychology Today;May/Jun2008, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on blogs.psychologytoday.com, the blog site of the magazine "Psychology Today." According to the article, the site's writers range from academic stars and upstarts to science journalists you know from these pages to a woman chronicling daily life through the lens of...
- TALKIN' BLOGS. Kenney, Brian; Stephens, Michael // Library Journal;10/1/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 16, p38
Presents comments from several library professionals who write blogs. Impact that writing a blog has on their professional career; Things that they write about in their blogs; Ethics of bloggers; How blogs are used by libraries; Reasons for blogging and its importance; What make a blog...
- blogging. Fei-Fan, Julie // Cloth Paper Scissors;Sep2012, Issue 44, p25
The article discusses the difference between the need for an artist to have a website and a blog. The author explains that an artists's website is mostly a static online representation of the artist, an online resume and portfolio that should be updated every three or four months, while a blog...
- The Feel-good Librarian. Kenney, Brian; Stephens, Michael // Library Journal;10/1/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 16, p41
Presents an interview with the Feel-good Librarian, an anonymous librarian who write a webblog. What inspires the writer to post messages on the blog; Lessons learned from blogging; Concerns about privacy; Why the writer wishes to remain anonymous.
- The Dangers of Blogs. // Daughters;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p3
Warns parents about dangers of blogs. Suspension of a girl student for doing a blog about other girls and teachers at their school; Story sent by a parent whose daughter was defamed in a blog.
- THE DIGITAL QUEER: WEBLOGS AND INTERNET IDENTITY. Rak, Julie // Biography: An Interdisciplinary Quarterly;Winter2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p166
This article focuses on the role of Weblogs as a potential site for thinking about queer identity, electronic identity, and liberal discourses of identity based on individual agency. Thus far, most scholars who work in the area of life writing have chosen to see blogs as a development of the...
- THIS ISN'T YOUR TEENAGE DAUGHTER'S DIARY. Rohan, Rebecca; Donaldson, Sonya A. // Black Enterprise;Dec2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p58
Deals with the popularity of blogging, Web logging which brings journaling to the Web. Benefits from a blog; Security concerns on blogging; Suggestion when writing a company blog.
- At home with the nobodies. Williams, Zoe // New Statesman;6/21/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4693, p39
Offers a look at the growth of self-aggrandizing websites called "blogs" as of June 2004. Discussion of British politicians who have started weblogs; Criticism of journalists and broadcasters who have started weblogs.
- BLOG BLOG BLOG BLOG BLOG. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;6/23/2006, Issue 1826, p28
This article presents information about several blogs related to tourism. Arjo Ghosh from Spannerworks says that customer engagement is hardly a new concept, but communicating with the customers on their terms is clearly a new challenge, particularly in the digital channel. In the next blog, Ed...