- Restaurant Liable for Patrons' Behavior. Cassens, Debra // ABA Journal;Apr99, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p31
Reports that the 10th United State Circuit Court of Appeals based in Denver, Colorado has ruled that Pizza Hut Inc. is liable for sexual harassment of a waitress by two customers. Background of the harassment incident.
- Pizza Hut fines $194,400 for child labor violations. // New York Amsterdam News;04/26/97, Vol. 88 Issue 17, p45
States that Pizza Hut of America has been charged a total of $194,400 in civil money penalties by the United States Labor Department, for violations of child labor laws at 26 ofits restaurants around New York City. Description of the violations; Statements made by Bruce Sullivan, assistant...
- Pizza Hut To Pay $160,000 In Racial Discrimination Settlement. // Jet;09/13/99, Vol. 96 Issue 15, p8
Reports that Pizza Hut Inc. has agreed to pay damages to 20 plaintiffs in a racial discrimination case.
- Pizza Huts around La. closed over lawsuit. // Chicago Weekend;1/19/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that 44 Pizza Hut Inc. restaurant's owner plans to shut down two branches in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana due to legal dispute with the parent company Larry Lundy and Lundy Enterprises Inc. filed in the federal court in Texas.
- Employees file discrimination suit against Pizza Hut. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/17/94, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p2
Reports on a discrimination lawsuit filed against Pizza Hut by four Hispanic workers in Miami, Florida. Pizza Hut's alleged plan of discrimination.
- Pizza Hut denies claim of meat in 'Veggie' pie. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/13/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed against Pizza Hut for the use of beef products in its 'Veggie's Lover' pizza in the U.S.
- Your company, your employees and the law. May, Bess Ritter // Supervision;Feb93, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p9
Illustrates the importance of familiarity with labor laws by citing hypothetical cases and subsequent rulings. Extended working hours; Firing of employees with AIDS; Hiring of illegal aliens; Precautions to take.
- The brawl's in their court: Pizza Hut, Papa John's gear up for battle. Zuber // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/99, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p8
Focuses on the court case between Pizza Hut Inc. and Papa John's International Inc. in the United States. Dispute over advertising claims; Effect of the altercation on the business of the pizza chains Domino's Pizza and Little Caesars; Implications of the controversy for the popularity of Papa...
- Papa John's Seeking a New Tag After Court Fight. Hill, J. Dee // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/29/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p2
Informs that United States-based Papa John's is readying a replacement for its `Better ingredients. Better pizza' advertising slogan, which was deemed to be false and misleading by a federal jury. Victory of Pizza Hut in its suit against Papa John's for misleading advertising; Industry concerns...