`Love Contracts' Help Fend Off Harassment Suits
- Avoiding sexual harassment claims. Soycher, Mark // Westchester County Business Journal;8/26/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p4
Offers tips for employers on how to prevent sexual harassment cases. Sexual harassment lawsuit filed by an employee against the Yale-New Haven Hospital; Lessons that employers can learn from the case.
- When "No" Isn't Enough: How to Handle Sexual Harassment. Blakey, Anne // Human Rights;Spring93, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the issue of sexual harassment at the workplace and possible countermeasures to be undertaken by employees as well as firms. The figures indicate that annually 15% of women and 5% of men experience harassment at the workplace. In a large number of judgments, big...
- California Employment Law - New Law Mandates Supervisor Training to Prevent Sexual Harassment. Cohen, Jonathan M. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q4, p1
The article presents information on AB 1825, an employment law which requires employers to provide interactive training and education about sexual harassment prevention to all supervisory employees in California by January 1, 2005. The law applies to employers with 50 or more employees. A...
- Eight steps to a sexual-harassment-free workplace. Moore, Herff L.; Gatlin-Watts, Rebecca W.; Cangelosi, Joe // Training & Development;Apr98, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p12
Discusses eight strategies for combating sexual harassment in the workplace. Includes enforcement of zero tolerance; Investigating complaints promptly and thoroughly; Mandatory sexual harassment training session per year for each employee.
- Frisky business: Policies are key to handling workplace romance. McAndrew, Amy G. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Feb2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on how to handle workplace relationships. It says that a complete sexual harassment prevention policy is the first step of legal defense of the company. It adds that sexual harassment prevention training to employees is an opportunity to communicate standards of the...
- Harassment: How to stop it before--and after--it starts. // HR Specialist: Florida Employment Law;Jan2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
The article offers guidelines on the protection of an organization from harassment lawsuits. The components of the policy and complaint procedure are highlighted which include explanation of prohibited conduct, clear complaint process and confidentiality of harassment complaints. Tips on how to...
- El acoso sexual desde una perspectiva preventiva. Planes de igualdad, cÃ³digos de prevenciÃ³n y protocolos de actuaciÃ³n. Quesada, Salvador Perán // GestiÃ³n PrÃ¡ctica de Riesgos Laborales;oct2010, Issue 75, p48
No abstract available.
- Five Steps to Updating Sexual Harassment Prevention Training. Peréz, Patti // San Diego Business Journal;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p37
The article presents five steps on how businesses must be compliant with the AB1825 California state law. They include conducting training to supervisors concerning sexual harrasment prevention, hire qualified trainers, make sure that objectives are followed, provide at least two hours of...
- TÃ¼rk BorÃ§lar Kanunu m.417 ve Ä°ÅŸ SaÄŸlÄ±ÄŸÄ± ve GÃ¼venliÄŸi Kanunu IÅŸÄ±ÄŸÄ±nda Genel Olarak Ä°ÅŸÃ§inin KiÅŸiliÄŸinin KorunmasÄ±. SEVİMLİ, K. Ahmet // Calisma ve Toplum;2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p107
After the enactment of Turkish Code of Obligations (TCO No.6098) which repeals Code of Obligations (CO No.818) and Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA No.6331), new and different provisions constituting positive grounds for and determining the content of the duty of the employer to protect...