Do More Than Make a Move
- Appeals to relocate leave employees unmoved. // Management Review;Oct79, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p5
Analyzes the hesitation of U.S. employees to relocate to follow their transferring companies as of 1979. Effects of moving costs, difficulties in selling homes and spouses' careers; Average non-reimbursed expenses of employees surveyed.
- Business relocations, economy create tough residential market. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;11/21/97, Vol. 10 Issue 30, p9A
Focuses on business relocations on Tarrant County in Texas. Reasons why businesses and employees are flocking to the area. Information on the housing market of Tarrant County; Services available to apartment leasers; Business relocation companies in Tarrant.
- Putting moving costs in a package. Boss, Shira J. // Crain's New York Business;05/17/99, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p32
Reports on large corporations' use of lump-sum policies for the relocation of their employees. Benefits of the policies; Savings made by the company in using the policies.
- A Journey of 1,000 Miles Begins with a Sound Contract. Mumma, J. Stephen // HR Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p119
Discusses how human resource staffers and managers can get the best relocation deal for their company. Pieces of advice on keeping a personal and direct communication with a household goods carrier; How to identify employees' relocation needs; Simplified approach in dealing with tariffs; Terms...
- Moving the masses. Temes, Judy // Crain's New York Business;3/7/94, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p15
Makes observations concerning the increasing number of relocations by corporations in the United States. Reasons for corporate relocations; Case study of American Telephone & Telegraph Co. (AT&T); Number of employees AT&T has moved since 1990; Companies that are in the process of consolidating...
- First-floor master suite ranked No. 1 amenity. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/24/99, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p17
Highlights the findings of a survey conducted by Cendant Mobility on office amenities preferred by relocating employees in the United States. Prominence of first-floor master suite; High demand for privacy; Indications of an increasing interest for flexible living conditions.
- Keys to global relocation success. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p22
Cites the keys to global relocation success of employees, according to a survey conducted by Relocation Resources International. Selecting the right candidate; Orientation to the new location.
- Moving tips for relocated employees. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p22
Lists moving tips for relocated employees, according to Monstermoving.com. Specifying the exact date for moving; Touring the house; Setting packing goals and deadlines.
- 10 things to get right when relocating your business or staff. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/25/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4633, p54
The article offers tips on how to relocate one's business or staff.