Cool Relo Benefits to Retain Top Talent
- To rate service providers, set high standards, use... Westerberg, John R. // HRMagazine;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p51
Reports that human resource managers responsible for corporate relocations ensure quality by setting standards before doing business, then evaluating the quality of service after relocations are complete. How to evaluate the service providers; Best and most important quality check; Expectations...
- Adapting to new Work Cultures: Easing the Shock. Bell, Robert R.; Menefee, Michael P. // Industrial Management;Nov/Dec86, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the adaption of work cultures resulting from business relocation in the U.S. Alteration of local standards and lifestyle; Revision of the operating policies; Anticipation on the effects of relocation on the work force.
- Ten tips for managing the transition to alternative officing. Francis, Diana // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/18/97, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p21
Offers tips on preparing employees and managers for the changes associated with office relocation. Clarification of the reasons for the move; Relay of truthful information about the company's situation; Formation of a multidisciplinary workplace change team with representatives from different...
- How to avoid people problems in plant relocation. Thompson, Frederick T. // Management Review;Sep78, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p32
Discusses tips on preventing personnel problems associated with relocating industrial plants. Phases in announcing the move; Techniques to avoid employee disenchantment; Negotiations with the union; Initiation of employee services.
- Relocation Changes to Fit Changing Times. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce (10928332);May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on issue about business relocation. Reasons for relocating; Impact of recessions on relocation; Cost-saving strategies on business relocation; Influence of relocation on employees.
- When a company moves: How to help employees adjust. Mitchell III, Howard R. // HR Magazine;Jan1999, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p61
Offers advice on ways to help employees adjust to company relocations. Employee attitude towards relocation; Relocation planning strategies; Post-reloctaion adjustments.
- 1-2-3 lift! Grensing-Pophal, Lin // Credit Union Management;Sep98, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p26
Discusses the importance of cooperation and communication in facilitating expansion and relocation of credit union. Advantage of involving employees on expansion projects; Importance of teamwork; Significance of follow-up service after relocation. INSET: Efficient planning.
- Rules for (Hitting) The Road. Grensing-Pophal, Lin // HR Magazine;May2002, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p81
Discusses the importance of drawing up a company relocation policy in keeping employee transfers equitable. Levels of coverage of relocation policies; Policy development process; Goal of relocation policies.
- Men more likely to move for jobs. Bentley, Ross // Computer Weekly;11/4/2003, p58
Some 68% of employers may need to relocate staff within Great Britain and about 30% need to send staff abroad, according to a survey by the Work Foundation. British workers moving abroad are as likely to be moved outside Europe as within it, reflecting the changing patterns of globalisation on...