Hot Housing Market May Drive Moves
- Baker Building Could Extend Downtown. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p8
Focuses on the decision of Baker Furniture to consolidate its West Michigan facilities and to move its headquarters in North Carolina. Impact of the move on the real estate business in West Michigan; Possible extension of the downtown district following the relocation of Baker; Number of...
- Real Estate Agents Get Hit With Fees. Choi, Amy S. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/19/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 58, p14
This article discusses how real estate agents are affected by changes in the relocation industry. As the industry continues to consolidate, players are eliminating up-front fees in order to compete. To cover expenses, relocation companies charge more to service partners to whom they refer...
- Helping newcomers feel they're at home. Hamlin, Jo Ann // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul95, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p30
Discusses the functions of relocation service agencies. Recognizing the need for a relocation service center; Average cost to relocate a homefinding employee; Real estate industry's development of elaborate services; Intensive search to find information as the first step to helping the employee;...
- Wilen moves operations to Farmingsdale location. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/10/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p15A
Reports real estate developments in Long Island, New York as of August 2001. Business relocation of Wilen Management; Business cycle of the real estate market; Selection of Robert Moulton as leading tri-state area mortgage broker.
- Boeing Realty Moving to Irvine. Williams, Daniel D. // Orange County Business Journal;7/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the plan of Boeing Realty Corp. to move its operations from Long Beach to Irvine, California. Reasons for the plan; Details of the plan; Organizational structure of it employees in the relocation site.
- DEALS & DEEDS. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;1/10/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p6
The article offers updates on several deals and deeds in the real estate business in New York, including the sale of the Bank Street Commons apartment towers complex, the relocation of the private human services company North American Family Institute's Westchester County office to Elmsroad, and...
- Looking to break out. Chuvala, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;10/13/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p35
Reports that the business relocation sector of Westchester County, New York, is waiting for a recovery amidst the economic recession in 2003. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the real estate business.
- Best Places List May Be Unreliable Guide for Lenders. // National Mortgage News;06/18/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38
Focuses on the unreliability of the lists of best places for business relocations provided by publications in the United States. Reasons for the lists' unreliability; Magazines that publish lists of top business relocation places; Factors used by magazines as basis for their lists.
- Weighing the next move. SOULE, ALEXANDER // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/17/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p25
The article offers an outlook for the real estate business in Fairfield, Connecticut in 2011, suggesting a major relocation by businesses from New York or elsewhere with the pending lease deals of more than 100,000 square feet of space in October.