Humana Pushes Down Recruitment Costs--And Raises Quality
- The Right Stuff, Right Now. Reed, Douglas // Workforce;Oct2001 Supplement, Vol. 80, p48
Presents tips on the selection of technology solution providers to handle human resource (HR) processes and operations. Factors which should be considered in the selection of HR solutions; Use of the HR solution to maximize employee productivity; Importance of training employees on the...
- Time to rebuild human resources. Johnston, John // Business Quarterly;Winter96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p46
Discusses changes in the role and function of human resources departments of companies in Canada. Strategic partnership with the company in business operations; Facilitation of change in the organization; Technology facilitator and leader; Network for best practices and strategic partners.
- Service Means Success. Jacobson, Betsy; Kaye, Beverly // Training & Development;May91, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p53
Presents guidelines on how human resource department can function as an independent entity. Leadership attitude; Proactive involvement in organizational improvement; Partnership strategy; Customer orientation. INSET: Function Before Form.
- Envisioning the virtual training organization. McIntosh, Stephen S. // Training & Development;May95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p45
Describes the virtual training organization (VTO). Interrelated competencies of a VTO; Differences between VTO and traditional department; Strategic design; Product design; Structural versatility; Product delivery; Accountability for results; Employee-directed development; VTO's transcendence...
- HR departments face new challenges. Chuvala, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p21
Addresses the challenges facing human resources (HR) departments. Factors that contribute to the growing demands on company HR departments; Steps taken by companies to strengthen HR departments; Significance of HR departments to corporate success.
- Dealing with the revolution in human resources. // Westchester County Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p14
Presents rules for dealing with human resource (HR) departments in the United States. Factors that caused a revolution in HR function; Advise against having an outdated view of HR; Advise against bypassing HR; Importance of developing rapport with HR executives; Need to be concise and...
- How companies view their HR departments. McShulskis, Elaine // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p14
Comments on how human resource (HR) departments are perceived by their internal customers in the United States, according to HR Solutions Inc. Difference in the way management and nonmanagement employees perceive HR; HR's helpfulness in assisting with interactions between managers and employees.
- Making people your business. Armendariz, Sherry // Career World;Jan1995, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p17
Focuses on the functions of the human resources (HR) department of a business organization. Link between management and employees; Greater demand for benefits, compensation and training specialists in the market; Need for creative HR workers. INSET: What HR specialists do..
- Staffing HR: One Size Does Not Fit All. Steinburg, Craig // Training & Development;Nov91, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p16
Reports on a survey conducted by Lampert Levy and Associates designed to provide human resource (HR) executives with comparative data to assess the scope of services, staffing configuration, and payroll costs associated with management of the human resources function. Factors that dictate what...