Let Go of Bad Habits
- Nightmare on HRD Street. Adams-Regan, Pamela // Training & Development;Nov93, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p50
Investigates the problems commonly encountered by human resources personnel. Factors influencing human resources departments' (HRD) functions; Characteristics of problem trainees; Importance of speaking and presentation skills among HRD personnel.
- THE HR AWARDS. // Smart Business Cleveland;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on the HR Awards presented by the Employers Resource Council (ERC) and the Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management, which recognize human resources (HR) professionals in Northeast Ohio who demonstrated excellence in the field of HR management.
- PRESENTER'S NOTE. Naso, SueAnn; Perry, Patrick // Smart Business Cleveland;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p36
The authors introduces the HR Awards presented by the Employers Resource Council (ERC) and the Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management, which recognizes the achievement of human resources professionals in Northeast Ohio.
- HR ethics on trial: Whose side are you on? // HR Specialist;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
The article informs that human resource professionals cannot claim retaliation if they are punished for helping or supporting employees.
- When You Should Involve HR. // Successful Supervisor;Feb2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses factors that must be considered by supervisors when asking human resource (HR) staff for advice including employee's attendance problem, potential engagement in illegal activities at work and hearing offhand comments on various company policies.
- Your Wonderful, Terrible HR Life. Wiscombe, Janet // Workforce (10928332);Jun2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p32
Presents views and comments of human resource (HR) employees on HR management. Misconception about careers in HR; Information on the smartest things done in the course of the HR career; Lessons learned from other employees regarding HR.
- READER FEEDBACK. // Workforce;Oct2014, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p4
The article presents the views of readers of the periodical on topics including certification mess in human resource management, steps taken by employers regarding certification and steps to be taken by human resource professionals to meet business needs.
- CAREER CLINIC. Edwards, Louise; Lees, John; Roberts, Susy // People Management;Jun2011, p66
The article answers a question posted by an HR professional who wanted to develop more generalist HR skills.
- From Readers. Mellon, Frank; Hickok, Patricia; Lewis, Tia // HR Magazine;Sep2014, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Crime That Doesn't Pay," and "The Positive Power of Appreciation," in the July 2014 issue and a profile of HR professional Patricia Hickok in the June 2014 issue.