Rude Managers Make For Bad Business
- Attacking the negativity virus. Topchik, Gary S. // Management Review;Sep98, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p61
Focuses on how to fight negative attitudes about the changes occurring at work. Causes of negative attitudes; Four steps one can take to turn a negative norm into a positive one; Strategies one can use to reduce workplace negativity.
- The Eight Classic Types of Workplace Behavior. Dalton, Francie M. // HR Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p165
Discusses the eight classic types of workplace behavior. Commanders; Drifters; Attackers; Pleasers; Factors that motivate each style of behavior; How to give feedback to each behavior style; Steps on how to deal with each behavior style.
- Do you validate? Carlson, Colette // Administrative Professional Today;Aug2011, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p7
The article discusses the author's view on validating co-workers', colleagues' and clients' emotions regularly to achieve a better work environment.
- An Empirical Examination of Resources in a Diverse Environment. Gilbert, Jacqueline A. // Public Personnel Management;Summer2000, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p175
The objective of this research is to empirically assess antecedents of resources within a diverse work environment. Specifically, 83 managerial employees were surveyed in a branch of a federal government agency located in a large metropolitan city in the southwestern United States. Multiple...
- Your mother was right. It pays to be nice. Fassl, Joyce // Food Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the factors that affect the job satisfaction of employees in the food manufacturing industry in the U.S. Recognition of the achievements of employees; Suggestion for employers to increase their awareness in giving comments to employees; Effect of people with a positive attitude on...
- Parking Lot Duel Warrants Discipline, but Not Discharge. Mullin Jr., Charles L. // Labor Law Journal;Apr70, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p256
This article reports on a case concerning employee behavior and discharge. A rather relaxed policy concerning the possession and use of firearms in a plant resulted in reversing the discharge of an employee who took a couple of pot-shots at a fellow employee in a parking lot. The argument had...
- L VAUGHAN SPENCER. // Training Journal;Sep2008, p78
The article discusses ways on how to set up a training compartment. According to the article, there are four factors to consider when assembling a venue, which include energy, decisionfulness, content, and environment. According to the article, environment deals with looking into the physical...
- How Pinocchio's Jiminy Cricket can add value to the bottom line. Smith, Linda // Personnel Today;12/5/2006, p14
The article focuses on the views of the author on the business role of human resource (HR) management teams. The author believes that HR can only add value if it is part of the management team that determines business strategy. She says that HR staff should be approachable, available and work as...
- Dealing With Difficult Co-workers. McCune, Jenny // OfficePro;Mar2007, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses the types of difficult employees in the workplace and offers tips for administrative professionals on how to deal with such people. Types of difficult employees include those who would not take any advice, always complain and those who come late and leave the office early....