Microsoft Battles `Permatemp' Issue
- Microsoft's client/server strategy. Scott, Karyl // InfoWorld;8/2/93, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p59
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s strategy in dominating the client/server business. Investments in the development of new versions of Windows operating system, application development tools, and a new class of workgroup applications; Microsoft's threefold goal; Plan for the release of Cairo,...
- Babysofts, anyone? Greenbaum, Joshua M. // Software Magazine;Aug98, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p10
Discusses the need for Microsoft Corp. to divest in order to hurdle the United States Justice Department's allegations of monopoly of the computer software industry. Creation of six separate firms to handle the firm's major lines of business; Effect of a divested Microsoft on the firm's image.
- Believe it or not. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;7/08/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p28
Discusses the strategies of Microsoft Corp. of Redmond, Washington that would promote reliability, security, and scalability to its products. Discussion on the initiatives in prerelease computer software; Description of the changes made between Windows 2000 and Windows .Net Server; Mission of...
- The Greatest. Kurson, Ken // Esquire;Feb2002, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on Bill Gates' Microsoft Corporation. Reasons for believing in Microsoft's stock despite the economic downturn, regulations and competition; Two camps within Microsoft before the settlement of the company's antitrust case.
- Microsoft faces challenges in server software. Meisner, Jeff // Journal of Business (10756124);6/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 13, pA14
Reprints the article 'Microsoft faces challenges in server software,' which appeared in a 2002 issue of 'Puget Sound Business Journal.'
- Mad dogs and microserfs. Hamm, Steve // PC Week;11/04/96, Vol. 13 Issue 44, pA1
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s attempts to build its Southeast Asia operation with home-grown talent. The leadership of American John Lauer; His attempts to train an Asia team to work with Asian clients; Microsoft's revenues in Southeast Asia; Obstacles to doing business in Southeast Asia;...
- Microsoft taking on identity mgmt. Fontana, John // Network World;6/30/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the plan of computer software firm Microsoft Corp. to develop a comprehensive platform for managing user identities. Expansion of third-party alliances into non-Windows environments; Creation of a cross-platform infrastructure; User management features. INSET: Exchnange set for RTM,...
- Microsoft must comply in good faith. // eWeek;8/26/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p31
Editorial. Focuses on the legal entanglements of the computer software firm Microsoft Corp. in the U.S. Development of a software for antitrust settlements; Failure of the company to take security precautions for the Passport sign-on service; Approval of the company to fix the failings.
- MS renames certification scheme MOS. // IT Training;Nov2002, p10
Reports that Microsoft Corp. has renamed its certification program from Microsoft Office UserSpecialist to Microsoft Office Specialist in response to customer feedback.