Modified sitz baths for nonspecific urethritis
- Urethral mucosal prolapse in young girls: A report of nine cases in Cotonou. Fiogbe, M. A.; Hounnou, G. M.; Koura, A.; Agossou-Voyeme, K. A. // African Journal of Paediatric Surgery;Jan-Apr2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p12
Background: Urethral mucosal prolapse is rare. This condition may be confused with tumour or sexual abuse in girls. This study aims at reporting the pathology presentation and therapeutic options of urethral prolapse in girls. Materials and Methods: A retrospective study was undertaken from...
- Prolonged Leptospira Urinary Shedding in a 10-Year-Old Girl. Chow, Emilie; Deville, Jaime; Nally, Jarlath; Lovett, Michael; Nielsen-Saines, Karin // Case Reports in Pediatrics;2012, p1
We present a case of leptospirosis in a previously healthy girl following a trip to Costa Rica. While she was clinically asymptomatic, she had spirochetes cultured from her urine six weeks following her trip. Prolonged urinary shedding following infection with Leptospira is possible in humans...
- DOLLY doctor. // Dolly;
Answers several questions about oral sex. Definition of terms used in oral sex; Health risk posed by herpes to women; Methods that can be used to increase pleasure during oral sex.
- A new approach to female urethral syndrome. // American Family Physician;10/1/96, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p1704
Presents a summary of the article `A New Approach to Female Urethral Syndrome,' by R.f Gittes, and F.M. Nakamura, from Western Journal of Medicine dated 1996.
- Mycardial Calcification Caused by Secondary Hyperparathyroidsim Due to Dietary Deficiency of Calcium and Vitamin D. Zaidi, A. N.; Ceneviva, G. D.; Phipps, L. M.; Dettorre, M. D.; Mart, C. R.; Thomas, N. J. // Pediatric Cardiology;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p460
A 6-year-old girl presented with respiratory distress. Chest radiographs exhibited calcifications in the mediastinum. Further imaging revealed extensive cardiac calcifications on computed tomography of the chest. The laboratory parameters were consistent with findings of secondary...
- Prinzmetal Angina in a Teenage Girl. Jefferies, J. L.; Treistman, B. // Pediatric Cardiology;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p486
Discusses the case of a 13-year-old girl who was diagnosed with prinzmetal angina. Medical history of the patient; Manifestations of the disease; Medications administered to the patient.
- incredible skin makeovers. // Seventeen;Oct2008, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p92
This article presents several skincare makeovers in teenagers. It relates the story of a teenage girl who always have pimples along her hairline and cheeks. It was suggested that she use a strong face wash with the maximum amount of benzoyl peroxide to kill the bacteria on her skin, plus...
- YOUR GUIDE TO Perfect Skin. Gray, Meredith // Seventeen;Oct2008, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p73
This article offers information on skin care-related issues facing young girls. 67% of "Seventeen" readers say it is extremely important to them to have clear skin. The hormones girls release as a teen cause skin cells to shed faster and oil glands to produce more oil, which leads to clogged...
- Reproductive Health and Hygiene among Adolescents. Kavitha, V. R. S. // Language in India;Feb2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p293
The onset of menstruation is one of the most important changes occurring among the girls during the adolescent years. The menstruation and menstrual practices are still clouded by taboos and socio cultural restrictions resulting in adolescent girls and remaining ignorant of the scientific facts...