Female urethral diverticulectomy: Practical considerations
- Readers' Letters. Babu, Andrew D.; McEleney, Paul // Journal of Perioperative Practice;Feb2006, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p62
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to article "Agenda for Chaos," "Applying Cricoid Pressure," and a letter on drug mislabeling in Great Britain.
- The bulbourethral sling procedure. Clemens, J. Quentin; Schaeffer, Anthony J.; Bushman, Wade // Contemporary Urology;Aug99, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p68
Reports on the bulbourethral sling surgery procedures performed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Operation procedure; Surgical tools used; Results of the postoperative testing done on patients.
- You Be the Coder. // Urology Coding Alert;Mar2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
The article provides an answer to a question of how to code the procedure involving left distal ureterectomy, partial cystectomy, psaos hitch and ureteral reimplantation.
- Outcomes of lower urinary and bowel function in meningomyelocele patients with augmentation enterocystoplasty. Mitsui, T.; Tanaka, H.; Moriya, K.; Matsuda, M.; Nonomura, K. // Spinal Cord;Jun2008, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p432
Objectives:We evaluated the outcomes of augmentation ileocystoplasty in video-urodynamics (V-UDS) and questionnaires related to bowel and urinary function.Methods:In 22 meningomyelocele (MMC) patients (11 male and 11 female, a mean age at surgery 14.4 years) who underwent augmentation...
- Imagery Techniques Can Significantly Reduce Kids' Postop Pain. // RN;Nov2004, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p24
Discusses a study suggesting that children can use various imagery techniques to significantly reduce their pain immediately after minor surgery. Medical history of children participating in the study; Scales used to measure the children's pain and anxiety before and after surgery.
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy in the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis. Gammon, David C.; Dutton, Traci; Piperdi, Bilal; Zybert, Jason; Wolfe, Steven H.; Nguyen, Erin; Sbat, Dalia; Pillarisetty, Venu G.; Sullivan, Mary; Whalen, Giles F. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 13, p1186
Purpose. Cytoreductive surgery (CS) and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy (IPHC) in the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis (PC) in 15 patients are described. Summary. Fifteen patients with PC who were treated with CS and IPHC were retrospectively identified between January 2002 and...
- Outcomes. // Cosmetic Surgery Times;Sep2007, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the result of the liposuction and an abdominoplasty on a 12-year-old patient conducted by Dr. Robert Ersek in October 2006. According to a video update from the CNN's Web site, which features interviews of both the patient and her mother, the patient has regained about...
- Latex sensitivity awareness. Rose, Dianne // British Journal of Perioperative Nursing;Jan2005, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the role of the preoperative assessment practitioner (PAOP) to make identification of patients most at risk from latex hypersensitivity in Great Britain. Facts and features of natural rubber latex (NRL); Types of hypersensitive reaction to NRL; Assessment of the procedures that will...
- urethrectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2409
A definition of the term "urethrectomy," which refers to the surgical excision of the urethra or part of it, is presented.