Female urethral diverticulectomy: Practical considerations
- Readers' Letters. Babu, Andrew D.; McEleney, Paul // Journal of Perioperative Practice;Feb2006, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p62
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to article "Agenda for Chaos," "Applying Cricoid Pressure," and a letter on drug mislabeling in Great Britain.
- You Be the Coder. // Urology Coding Alert;Mar2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
The article provides an answer to a question of how to code the procedure involving left distal ureterectomy, partial cystectomy, psaos hitch and ureteral reimplantation.
- Imagery Techniques Can Significantly Reduce Kids' Postop Pain. // RN;Nov2004, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p24
Discusses a study suggesting that children can use various imagery techniques to significantly reduce their pain immediately after minor surgery. Medical history of children participating in the study; Scales used to measure the children's pain and anxiety before and after surgery.
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy in the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis. Gammon, David C.; Dutton, Traci; Piperdi, Bilal; Zybert, Jason; Wolfe, Steven H.; Nguyen, Erin; Sbat, Dalia; Pillarisetty, Venu G.; Sullivan, Mary; Whalen, Giles F. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 13, p1186
Purpose. Cytoreductive surgery (CS) and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy (IPHC) in the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis (PC) in 15 patients are described. Summary. Fifteen patients with PC who were treated with CS and IPHC were retrospectively identified between January 2002 and...
- Outcomes. // Cosmetic Surgery Times;Sep2007, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the result of the liposuction and an abdominoplasty on a 12-year-old patient conducted by Dr. Robert Ersek in October 2006. According to a video update from the CNN's Web site, which features interviews of both the patient and her mother, the patient has regained about...
- Outcomes of lower urinary and bowel function in meningomyelocele patients with augmentation enterocystoplasty. Mitsui, T.; Tanaka, H.; Moriya, K.; Matsuda, M.; Nonomura, K. // Spinal Cord;Jun2008, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p432
Objectives:We evaluated the outcomes of augmentation ileocystoplasty in video-urodynamics (V-UDS) and questionnaires related to bowel and urinary function.Methods:In 22 meningomyelocele (MMC) patients (11 male and 11 female, a mean age at surgery 14.4 years) who underwent augmentation...
- urethrectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2409
A definition of the term "urethrectomy," which refers to the surgical excision of the urethra or part of it, is presented.
- Surgical treatment in bronchiectasis: analysis of 166 patients. Kutlay, Hakan; Cangır, Ayten Kayı; Enön, Serkan; Şahın, Ekber; Akal, Murat; Güngör, Adem; Özdemır, Nezıh; Kavukçu, Şevket // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Apr2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p634
Background: Bronchiectasis is usually caused by pulmonary infections and bronchial obstruction. It is still a serious problem in developing countries as our country. We reviewed the morbidity and mortality rates and outcome of surgical treatment for bronchiectasis. Patients and methods: Between...
- Polypoid Intestinal Metaplasia of the External Urethral Meatus. Raspollini, Maria Rosaria; Nicita, Giulio; Mikuz, Gregor // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Dec2012, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p640
A 33-year-old male patient presented with a 1.5-cm polypoid lesion at the edge of the urethral meatus that showed a gross appearance similar to that of a urethral caruncle in the female. The histological features revealed a superficially ulcerated lesion composed of colonic-type mucosal glands...