Illinois Institute of Technology's refunding aimed at future flexibility
- The Reporter. // Journal of Higher Education;Dec1955, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p493
The article offers news brief that updates the public's information relative to education. A total of $1,302,324.50 unrestricted funds was received by the Yale University Alumni Fund campaign for the year 1954-55. On the other hand, there will be a study to be conducted by the University of...
- INT trustees designate $3.5 mil. for grants. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/11/96, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p15
Reports that the Illinois Institute of Technology designated a $3.5 million to an engineering scholarship program called Next (National Excellence in Technology). Information on the program; Contact information.
- IIT cuts faculty, revamps curriculum. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/13/95, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p42
Reports on Illinois Institute of Technology's (IIT) restructuring plans.
- IIT tries to engineer way out of higher ed squeeze. Mooshil, Maria // Crain's Chicago Business;5/8/95, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the restructuring in the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago. Staff cuts; School's offer of buyouts to tenured faculty; Proposal to eliminate 40 percent of its bachelor's degree programs.
- Calling cyberphobes: It's time to get help. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/13/95, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p17
Reports on the Illinois Institute of Technology's offering of courses and symposiums about cyberspace.
- Congress upshifts funds for gear program. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/17/94, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p46
Reports on the plans of the Instrumented Factory for Gears program at the Illinois Institute of Technology Research Institute to re-establish and broaden its training efforts in precision gear manufacturing. Budget proposed by the US Congress for the program.
- Endowment could receive huge boost. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;12/9/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p24
Reports on the plans of the $112 million Illinois Institute of Technology endowment fund to double in-size. Reason for its plans; Pledges of Galvin and Pritzker families; Comments from Joel Asprooth, vice president-business and finance.
- A good neighbor. // Architectural Record;Oct1997, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p41
Focuses on some of the designs which were submitted for the campus center at the Illinois Institute of Technology. Who is responsible for the designs of the buildings at the institute; Names of some of the possible candidates who will be chosen to design the facility.
- `Mies' campus back on track. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/16/98, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p15
Reports that as a result of donations to the Mies van der Rohe-designed Illinois Institute of Technology is on track for completion by the year 2000. Amount of money in donations to the institute; When groundbreaking will be; Comments from Donna Robertson, dean of IIT's college of architecture;...