Moody's, S&P may downgrade Connecticut authority's IDBs
- Air Products looks to exit energy venture. // Chemical Week;4/17/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 15, p5
Reports that Air Products and Chemicals Inc. (AP) is looking for buyers of its 50% stake in American Ref-Fuel, its waste-to-energy venture with Browning-Ferris. Plan to buy back 10% of its stock.
- Moody's Upgrades Bridgeport Incinerator. // Bond Buyer;07/17/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30933, p2
Informs on Moody's Investors Service's upgrade of the rating of the subordinate lien debt sold by the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority for its Bridgeport project.
- Allied sells interest in American Ref-Fuel. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p12
Reports on Allied Waste Industries Inc.'s completion of the sale of its interests in three American Ref-Fuel operations to American Ref-Fuel Co. LLC, to comply with requirements pertaining to its purchase of Browning-Ferris Industries Inc. Allied Waste's modification of the ownership of the...
- Unions seek antitrust probe of Semass' sale to Ref-Fuel. Conn, Jennifer // Waste News;9/16/96, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the International Union of Operating Engineers' petition for an antitrust investigation of the American Ref-Fuel Co., a joint venture between Browning Ferris Industries Inc. and Air Products and Chemicals Inc. Allegations on plans to control waste collection in Massachusetts;...
- Gamble pays off for Conn. agency. Leonard, John // Waste News;11/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 26, p7
Reports that over 40 municipalities in Connecticut received checks totalling $3 million in 1997, from the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority. Functions of the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority; How the $3 million was generated.
- Sisterly exchange. // Business News New Jersey;6/26/96, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p60
Presents a photograph of visitors from Kumasi, Ghana touring American Ref-Fuel Inc.'s Essex County Resource Recovery facility in New Jersey.
- Ruling favors American Ref-Fuel. Bryce, Robert // Waste News;6/08/98, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p10
States that in its bid to locate a waste transfer station in the village of Green Island north of Albany, New York, the Appellate Division of the New York Supreme Court has sided with American Ref-Fuel Company. When this decision was released; Details on the ruling made by the court; Comments...
- American Ref-Fuel to fight vote. Peltier, Michael // Waste News;5/12/97, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p10
Reports that American Ref-Fuel Company will fight the Niagara Falls City Council vote which awarded the city's garbage hauling services to competitor Modern Disposal Services Incorporated. Length of time Modern Disposal has been handling refuse collection for the city; Information on American...
- More Enron Trash. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31331, p35
Reports on votes of the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority (CRRA) to increase trash-hauling fees in order to recoup losses resulting from a multimillion dollar payment it made to Enron Corp. in 2001. Purpose of the payment made to Enron; Votes of the board of directors of CRRA for the...