More private schools use Texas law to sell tax-exempts
- Lawyers Optimistic About Future of Bonds for Religious Schools. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p5
Reports on the optimism of several bond lawyers on the future of bonds for religious schools in the United States. Confidence expressed by lawyers at the National Association of Bond Lawyers that the U.S. Supreme Court would approve tax-exempt bonds being used to finance most facilities at...
- Head of Arkansas Finance Authority calls for changes in private school bill. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p4
Focuses on a suggestion by Arkansas Development Finance Authority (ADFA) president Rush Deacon that lawmakers introduce changes to a bill that prohibits the ADFA from issuing tax-exempt bonds for private schools. Agency's plan to issue bonds on behalf of Pulaski Academy in Little Rock,...
- Weird, Wishy-Washy Market Drifts Lower. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;2/9/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33661, p2
The article reports on the weak tax-exempt market for four consecutive trading sessions in the U.S. Based on the Municipal Market Data (MMD) scale, municipal bonds were weaker on February 8, 2012. It says that Wells Fargo & Co. has won the bid for 285.8 million dollars of Florida Board of...
- Guidance on tax-exempt bonds issued. // Practical Accountant;Jun94, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p21
Reports that final, temporary (TD 8538) and proposed regs (FI-7-94) have been issued on arbitrage restrictions on tax-exempt bonds.
- Freed's approved for BFA bonds. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/24/96, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p34
Reports that the state Business Finance Authority has given final approval for tax-exempt bonds to Freed's Bakery in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Columbus readies pension bond sale after IRS fails to appeal tax ruling. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p30
Focuses on the scheduled sale of tax-exempt pension bonds by Columbus, Ohio after a four-year legal battle with the US Internal Revenue Service. Total worth of bonds to be sold by the city; Features of the ruling in the case; Implications of the ruling for other cities issuing bonds in Ohio.
- Wage data could provide direction. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p1
Focuses on the sluggishness of trading results for tax exempt mortgage bonds in the United States on July 29, 1998. Top yield recorded by bonds from Financial Security Assurance; Spread between two-year notes and 30-year bond government bonds.
- `Prepayment boom' may hold investors back from mortgage revenue bonds. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p7
Details findings of a report, entitled `The Prepayment Boom Arrives,' which shows an increase in prepayments on tax-exempt, single-family mortgage revenue bonds in the United States. Risk factors involved in prepayment activity; Comments of Merrill Lynch & Co. analyst Kurt van Kuller on factors...
- NEW YORK. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33592, p9
The article reports on the 739 million dollars of tax-exempt and tax new money that was sold by New York City (N.Y.C.) on September 2011, as well as on the general obligations bond it has reoffered.