Some managers hoard cash, others hunt value as April looms
- European Pensions Hunger for Yield. C.J.C. // High Yield Report;11/06/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p2
Discloses an increase in the number of European institutional investors adding high yield bonds to their investment strategy.
- Massachusetts Set For $1.53B Issue. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;6/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31411, p1
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds by the state of Massachusetts. Efforts to target the demand for institutional investments; Amount of the general obligation bonds; Influence of refunding candidates on the sale of bonds.
- Parties in bond deal disclaim liability for POS disclosures. Hume, Lynn Stevens; Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30525, p1
Discloses San Mateo County, California, Transit District's sale of $148.88 million of limited-tax bonds on November 19, 1998. Decision of participants that wrote or helped prepare the preliminary official statement to disclaim all responsibility for its accuracy and completeness.
- Looming call dates are sending investors to new issues, some tailor-made. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/17/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30522, p9
Reports that institutional investors in the United States are shopping for primary bonds. Defensive investors' request for noncallable bonds; Focus of the new bond issues.
- The political realities of investing. // Pensions & Investments;5/30/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p12
The article comments on trends in the institutional investment management industry including the surge in fund assets reported by the managers, and an increase in allocations to active U.S. bond managers and difference in the operations of public and corporate funds.
- Pittsburgh Offers a New Web Option. Whalen, Robert; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30745, p1
Reports on Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's launching of an option that would enable institutional investors to bid via the Internet on the city's general obligation bond sale. Results of a survey conducted by the city to determine investors' interest in bidding directly on the bonds; Differences...
- Big buyers 'follow the herd'; Massachusetts paper flies fast. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/08/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30535, p6
Reports on developments in institutional investments and municipal bonds in Massachusetts and in the whole United States as of December 8, 1998. Influence of primary markets on institutional demand; Market response to the Massachusetts grant anticipation note and Bay Transportation Authority...
- Kansas Turnpike Authority to Sell $112 Million Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/10/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31653, p44
This article focuses on the plan of the Kansas Turnpike Authority to sell 111.5 million dollars of refunding revenue bonds on June 11, 2003, with an expectation to save about five million dollars in interest due to extremely low interest rates. The deal has attracted interest from eight...
- Midas balanced fund turns to wealthy nations. Smith, Amanda // Money Marketing;4/12/2012, p22
The article focuses on the move by MAM Funds to diversifying bond exposure within its Midas balanced growth fund through an institutional fund that invests in countries and companies that have the greatest ability to repay their debts.