Amusement park bonds: Too scary, or worth the ride?
- KDFA is off to see the Wizard for theme park STAR bonds. Sanders, Lisa; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p4
Reports on the Kansas Development Finance Authority's (KDFA) preparation to sell debt issues for a Wizard of Oz theme park. Plan to offer sales tax accelerated revenue (STAR) bonds; Proposed structure and pricing of the STAR bonds; Importance of financing to the Oz project's structure; Possible...
- Johnson County, Kan., Axes Oz-Themed Amusement Park. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31240, p6
Reports on the cancellation of the construction of the Oz-themed amusement park in De Soto, Kansas by Johnson County Commission. Impact of the cancellation on the sale of tax-exempt revenue bond; Termination of a feasibility study for the amusement park; Amount allocated for the proposed project.
- Voter Coaster. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p33
Announces that Hot Springs, Arkansas voters approved a $4.4 million revenue bond authorization to finance part of a $7 million-plus roller coaster for the Magic Springs and Crystal Falls amusement park in Arkansas in the first week of July 2003. Issuance of tax-exempt bonds for tourism-related...
- Bonds to bring Dorothy home waver with Kansas bill. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p30
Focuses on the proposed legislative measure that would allow the use of bond to finance the Wonderful World of Oz theme park in Kansas. Key provisions; Role of the state Development Finance Authority in the proposed bond issue; Technical amendments of the bill.
- In Kansas, a STAR Bond Program Is Reborn to Spread Development. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31643, p37
This article reports on a bond program going statewide under a bill passed by the Kansas legislature. Bonds sold under the program called STAR for Sales Tax And Revenue previously required legislative approval before any town or county could use them. The tax-exempt bonds are repaid from...
- Louisiana Bond Commission OKs Over $260 Million in Requests. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p3
Reports the approval of a bond requests for the transfer of ownership of amusement park by the Louisiana State Bond Commission in New Orleans. Use of the proceeds to buy city-owned property; Exemption of the property from property taxes; Plans to enter into lease agreements.
- War Jitters May Scuttle Bond. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/24/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the possible impact of a war between the U.S. and Iraq on the bond issuance of Orlando, Florida-based theme park operator Universal City Development Partners Ltd. (UCDP). Dependence of UCDP on overseas visitors; Absence of price guidelines for the issuance deal of UCDP.
- Oklahoma City Goes to Market to Upgrade Its 'Sleeping Giant' Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/29/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32099, p26
Reports on the decision of city officials to issue revenue bonds in order to preserve the Oklahoma State Fair Park in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Plan of issuing the bonds in a negotiated transaction through the Oklahoma City Public Property Corp.; Revenue generated from major horse events held at...
- Holiday World & Splashin' Safari. // Park World;Nov2010, p16
The article focuses on the investment related plans of Holiday World & Splashin' Safari amusement park in Santa Claus, Indiana for 2011.