Massachusetts banking giants to merge
- After merger, fleet chief predicts 'business as usual,' only bigger. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p27
Reports on the merger of Fleet Financial Group and BankBoston. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the merger; Nature of business of the two banks.
- Boston megadeal seen as return to merger basics. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;3/17/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 51, p1
Reports on Fleet Financial Group's proposed acquisition of BankBoston Corp. Deal seen as a return to merger basics, that is, consolidation of market share and cutting of costs; Stock prices; Merger as a contrast to the string of market-expanding deals that dominated the United States banking...
- 'Fleet Boston' eyes becoming power in wholesale banking. Weidner, David // American Banker;3/17/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 51, p4
Reports on the capabilities of a merged BankBoston Corp. and Fleet Financial Group, according to executives at the United States banks. Building of Fleet Boston Corp. into a national corporate bank; Branding of new firm as a `wholesale banking powerhouse'; How bank would stack up in key...
- Shareholders Approve Fleet-BankBoston Deal. // American Banker;8/12/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 154, p32
Announces the merger of BankBoston Corporation and Fleet Financial Group. Effect of the merger on stock shares; Strategy to avoid antitrust restrictions.
- Fleet Acquisition Should Bolster Leveraged Effort. Reinebach, Adam // Bank Loan Report;03/22/99, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1
Informs that Fleet Financial Group has announced its acquisition of BankBoston Corp. Their market shares when it came to book-managed deals; Change in their shares; Effects of the bank merger.
- Fleet, BankBoston to Pay $70M in Fees For Investment Bankers' Advice in Deal. // American Banker;7/9/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 130, p3
Reports that Fleet Financial Group and BankBoston Corp. will pay $70 million in fees to the four investment banks advising on their multibillion dollars merger. Payment of the fees when the deal closes.
- BankBoston is now Fleet. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/08/99, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p18
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based BankBoston was acquired by Fleet Financial Group and changed its name to Fleet.
- Overlap in HY to cause layoffs. // High Yield Report;03/22/99, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p11
No abstract available.
- Fleet-BankBoston Beginning to Find Some Believers As Quarterly Earnings Come in Strong. PADGETT, TANIA // American Banker;08/02/99 Supplement, Vol. 164, p4A
Reports on the dissipation of doubts about the viability of the Fleet Financial Group Inc.-BankBoston Corp. merger after the two banks posted stronger-than-expected earnings for the second quarter of 1999. Performance of both companies' shares after the merger was announced; Challenges of...