Gardena, Calif., COPs cut to double-B by S&P
- Reeves County, Tex., Lowered Twice in One Week. // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p34
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has lowered its rating of the taxable certificates of participation sold in 2001 to finance an expansion of a prison in Reeves County, Texas. Reasons for the downgrade.
- S&P raises Fillmore, Calif., PFA COPs. // Bond Buyer;03/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30599, p2
Reports on Standard & Poor's raising of its ratings on Fillmore Public Finance Authority, California's variable-rate demand certificates of participation (Water System Refunding and Capital Project) Series 1997.
- MARYLAND: Montgomery's $33M COP Sale. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/15/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32733, p9
The article reports on the plan of Montgomery County to issue $33.5 million of certificates of participation (COPs) on October 17, 2007. The bond is rated AA-plus by Standard & Poor's Corp., and with Davenport &3x0026; Co. as its financial adviser throughout the deal. Proceeds of the sale will...
- Feeling Subprime Effects. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p1
The article reports on the issues concerning the underlying rating for several debt issues backed by Chula Vista's general fund in California. According to the report, Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded the city's $116 million of outstanding certificates of participation, issued in 2002, 2004...
- Fitch Lowers $89 Million of Texas County's Detention Center Debt. Albanses, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p37
Reports that ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc. lowered the rating of $89 million of taxable certificates of participation issued by Reeves County, Texas from BBB-minus to BB. Reasons for downgrading the ratings of the certificates of participation; Information on the approach adopted by another...
- CALIFORNIA: Sacramento Air Rating Returns. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. has reinstated its underlying A rating on September 19, 2007 on debt issued for the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality District (SMAQD) in Sacramento, California. According to the report, the action of the rating agency affects $5.3 million of...
- CALIFORNIA: Contra Costa's comeback. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/23/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32574, p9
The article reports on the ratings given to Contra Costa County, California by various rating agencies in the U.S. Its $230 million certificates of participation received an A2 rating from Moody's Investors Service Inc. On the other hand, Standards & Poor's Corp. revised its outlook on the...
- North Carolina to Sell $125M of COPs Authorized by Lawmakers in 2001. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p28
Reports on the plan of the North Carolina Infrastructure Finance Corp. to sell certificates of participation in a deal highlighting the changing debt structure of the state. Value of certificates of participation to be sold; Maturities of the Series 2004B debt; Assessment of Fitch Ratings Inc.,...
- Utility ratings group realigns as it goes global. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the realignment of Standard & Poor's utility ratings department. Global electric, gas, and water utility analyzing team to be headed by Edward Z. Emmer; Coverage of international telecommunications and cable television industry to be headed by Richard Siderman.