S&P raises Fillmore, Calif., PFA COPs
- Reeves County, Tex., Lowered Twice in One Week. // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p34
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has lowered its rating of the taxable certificates of participation sold in 2001 to finance an expansion of a prison in Reeves County, Texas. Reasons for the downgrade.
- Gardena, Calif., COPs cut to double-B by S&P. // Bond Buyer;03/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30599, p2
Reports on Standard & Poor's lowering of its rating on Gardena, California's Civic Center Improvement Project certificates of participation refunding series 1993. Reasons for lowered ratings.
- MARYLAND: Montgomery's $33M COP Sale. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/15/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32733, p9
The article reports on the plan of Montgomery County to issue $33.5 million of certificates of participation (COPs) on October 17, 2007. The bond is rated AA-plus by Standard & Poor's Corp., and with Davenport &3x0026; Co. as its financial adviser throughout the deal. Proceeds of the sale will...
- Feeling Subprime Effects. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p1
The article reports on the issues concerning the underlying rating for several debt issues backed by Chula Vista's general fund in California. According to the report, Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded the city's $116 million of outstanding certificates of participation, issued in 2002, 2004...
- Fitch Lowers $89 Million of Texas County's Detention Center Debt. Albanses, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p37
Reports that ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc. lowered the rating of $89 million of taxable certificates of participation issued by Reeves County, Texas from BBB-minus to BB. Reasons for downgrading the ratings of the certificates of participation; Information on the approach adopted by another...
- CALIFORNIA: Sacramento Air Rating Returns. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. has reinstated its underlying A rating on September 19, 2007 on debt issued for the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality District (SMAQD) in Sacramento, California. According to the report, the action of the rating agency affects $5.3 million of...
- North Carolina to Sell $125M of COPs Authorized by Lawmakers in 2001. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p28
Reports on the plan of the North Carolina Infrastructure Finance Corp. to sell certificates of participation in a deal highlighting the changing debt structure of the state. Value of certificates of participation to be sold; Maturities of the Series 2004B debt; Assessment of Fitch Ratings Inc.,...
- Utility ratings group realigns as it goes global. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the realignment of Standard & Poor's utility ratings department. Global electric, gas, and water utility analyzing team to be headed by Edward Z. Emmer; Coverage of international telecommunications and cable television industry to be headed by Richard Siderman.
- Open-ended pool financing nears. // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p10
Reports that according to the ViewPoint of Project Finance, Utilities, and Concessions report from Standard and Poor's Ratings Services, market participants are refocusing on credit risk. Why participants are refocusing on credit risk; Comments from William Chew, managing director, Standard and...