Industry gives cap re vote of confidence; questions remain
- Capital Re Plays Down Takeover Talk. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/19/99, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p17
Deals with the effect of the rating downgrade by Moody's Investors Services to ACE Ltd. in its equity investment in Capital Reinsurance Corp. Comments from Joseph W. Swain, president of Capital Re Corp.; What the downgrade meant; Views of Richard Cantor, senior analyst at Moody's; Competition...
- Cap Re is pleased by Moody's affirmation. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p33
Expresses Capital Re Corp.'s appreciation of Moody's Investors Service's decision to affirm the municipal-bond reinsurer's Aaa financial strength rating. Optimization of Capital Re's core financial guaranty reinsurance business; Acknowledgment of the firm's desire to expand its services into...
- Capital re AAA rating downgrade raises eyebrows but not concerns. // Business Insurance;03/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p1
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. downgraded its financial strength rating for insurance company Capital Reinsurance Co. Overview on the factors behind Moody's Investors' decision to downgrade Capital Reinsurance's financial strength rating.
- Moody's gives Aaa to Columbus refunding. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p3
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service's assigning of an Aaa rating to a general obligations refunding bonds that the city of Columbus, Ohio plans to sell on January 13, 1998. Features of the negotiated refunding; Comment by Bill Leech, analyst for Moody's; Population growth in the city; Expected...
- Deptford, N.J., GOs Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p2
Reports on the statement from Moody's Investors Service Inc. regarding the outstanding general obligation bonds in New Jersey.
- NEW JERSEY: Bayonne Blues. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the rating of Moody's Investors Service for Bayonne's general obligation bond sale in New Jersey. Amount of the outstanding debt of the company; Existence of budgetary gaps in the company.
- NEW YORK: Upstate Troubles. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the bond decrease in New York City according to Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch: Hampton Center. Blake, Kerry // Bond Buyer;10/31/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31503, p41
Reports that Hampton in Virginia is planning to issue several million dollars worth of revenue bonds in a negotiated sale tentatively set for November 13, 2002. Lead manager on the deal; Ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s rating of the bond; Basis for the rating; Tax increases in...
- Analytical Change Could Raise Bar For Some Housing Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31510, p4
Discusses the impact of the lowering of assumptions of returns that state and local housing bond issues can get on their reinvested funds by ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. on housing deals in the U.S. Impact of the lowering of assumptions on the structuring of some housing deals;...