Indiana may help NCAA sell bonds
- Indiana lawmakers make another pass at NCAA bonding measure. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p24
Focuses on a bill being considered by the Indiana legislature in 2000, which would extend the issuing powers of the Indiana Development Finance Authority to allow the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to use tax-exempt debt for working capital needs. Reason for the bill's...
- Indiana Agency May Change Cap Rules to Aid Steel Industry. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p34
Reports on the plan of the Indiana Development Finance Authority to change rules for allocating fund under the state's private activity bond volume cap. Weighing of job retention equally with job creation; Review process of companies competing for tax-exempt bond funds.
- Indiana agency mulls first-time agriculture bond deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;09/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30737, p3
Reports on the plan of the Indiana Development Finance Authority to issue agriculture bonds. Demands from borrowers and banks; Structure of agricultural bonds.
- Done deals. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/29/96, Vol. 16 Issue 46, Small Business p18B
Reports on various deals and agreements related to the Indiana Development Finance Authority. Includes First of America Bank's funding of inventory and accounts receivable by Barry Lock & Unlock Service Inc.; Bill's Fabulous Fifties Inc.'s working capital granted by National City Bank; Indy...
- Rich Get Richer in Athletics, and the Poorï¿½. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Jul2011, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p4
The article offers information on the money generated by the National Collegiate Athletic Association's (NCAA) Football Bowl Subdivision and the non-bowl football group where in Ken Struckmeyer of Washington State University says that athletics has no oversight.
- Big wheel on campus. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;12/15/97, Vol. 38 Issue 47, p1
Discusses General Motors' (GM) sponsorship deal in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) in the United States. Rights given to NCAA; Purpose of GM in sponsoring NCAA; Other sponsors of NCAA; Benefits of GM in NCAA sponsorship.
- Indiana Development Finance Authority. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/27/96, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p17B
Presents financial funding contracts in Indianapolis, Indiana coursed through the Indiana Development Finance Authority. Includes that of Beech Grove Subway; Casablanca Imports Inc.; Global Crafts & Gift Shoppes Inc.
- A GRIM RUN TO FISCAL DAYLIGHT. Ryan, Pat // Sports Illustrated;Feb1971, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses the financial difficulties of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) as of 1971, and the changes it proposes in order to remain viable. It states that 42 colleges have opted out of intercollegiate football events due to the high costs involved, as have others...
- NCAA Scores New Corporate Sponsor. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;1/9/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p13
The article reports that the insurance company Northwestern Mutual has signed an agreement to become a corporate sponsor of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).