Publisher Scorecards Hardcover Nonfiction
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p3
Lists the top publishers in terms of number of books included in the New York Times Bestsellers list for the year ending November 4, 2002. Names of publishing companies; Number of books; Number of weeks on the list; Random House; HarperCollins; Simon and Schuster; Penguin Putnam.
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;5/31/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p25
Presents news briefs from concerning the book publishing industry, compiled as of May 31, 1999. Includes news on Bill Cosby's promotion of his Hyperion bestseller `Congratulations! Now What? A Book for Graduates'; Publication of the book `Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul,' by Health...
- Paperback Bestsellers/Trade. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p17
The article focuses on best selling paperbacks in the U.S. and features author Sue Mon Kidd. Monk says his book Mermaid Chair is his own attempt to answer a woman's desire to love and be free. Meanwhile, the book Su Doku Easy to Hardstill gains strong sales in 206 weeks. A complete list of the...
- HarperCollins Benefits from Oprah. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Presents information regarding the "New York Times" bestsellers, compiled as of February 2004. Hardcover fiction bestsellers by literary agent; Hardcover fiction by publisher; Hardcover fiction bestsellers by no. 1 titles with longevity.
- Books for the Millions. Lehman, Milton G. // New Republic;7/22/40, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p121
The article discusses the two ways to make money in publishing books. One way is to print new books after a cautious reading of the manuscript indicates that those books should sell. The other way is to reprint best-sellers in cheaper editions for a mass audience. A best-seller is a tested...
- The Potter Effect. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 27, p12
Discusses the impact of the Harry Potter seven-book series on the fundamental mechanics of publishing in the U.S. Description of global publication; Adult authors who have turned to writing young-adult books; Changes made by "The New York Times" to its bestseller lists.
- Five-Year View of Romance Shows Rise of Unusual Subcategories. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2008, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the changes experienced by the romance book category which were summarized by the "Book Publishing Report" in June 2007 in the U.S. In order to see how much the category has improved, the five-year view of the category will answer it. An estimated $1.37 billion net worth...
- Booksellers Report Robust Christmas. Roback, Diane; Bean, Joy // Publishers Weekly;1/17/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p22
Surveys the 2004 holiday sales posted by independent booksellers in the U.S. Growth of sales for children's books in the country; Increase of book sales at the Kids' Center in Tucson, Arizona; List of best selling books in the country.
- Hardcover Bestseller. // Publishers Weekly;10/27/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 43, p80
Presents a list of the best-selling non-fiction and fiction books in the U.S. as of October 27, 2003.